Cinci gathering report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by misterwhisker, Dec 6, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    well it started off ok till i put the boat in the water, first i had battery problems,after changing batteries around i thought i was ready to go til i pulled away from the ramp and the steering went out, :sad2: so i called it quits at that point, i could have went out on another boat, but just didnt want to leave my boat sitting there, i figured the way my luck was going that it wasnt gona get better so i headed home..But enjoyed meeting some BOC members and would like to give it a try again some time...i hope they have a better report then i gave....

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man i tell ya what, someone must have put a curse on this gathering because nothing went right. We did catch 2 blues right of the bat within 15 minutes of each other, a 15# and a 20#. Then nothing the rest of the day but snow and freezing wind chills. To top it off i managed to crack my trolling motor, and then I was following Sman up to one last hole and bam! Lost a cylinder in my outboard, and had to limp back to the ramp, which by the way was covered by and inch of snow and ice. Good thing I had 4 wheel drive, squeeled tires the entire way up. Sman man and luckeywade made it back, we weren't gonna attempt to load his boat with 2 wheel drive, un hooked my boat, hooked up his trailer and got him out. We went to McDonalds to wait for ohiohilljack to get back to the ramp, then everyone met back there to make sure he could get out....Here is where it gets funny:roll_eyes:. Willie is squeeling tires for about 10 feet, and at this point it is like he is warming up for a quarter mile run because he ain't moving. So everyone at the ramp runs over, and jumps in the back of his truck, jumping around and slipping and falling all over the place:eek:oooh:. But it worked, we got him out, and everyone on their way home safe and sound......With everything that went wrong today it was still great to get to meet all of you guys, hopefully next time its better fishing. Looking foward till the next one, thanks to everyone who attended today.:wink:....Paul sorry buddy, happy birthday wish it would have went different for you. I'll take you to catch some blues soon, just drive down in the car we will take my boat once it is fixed..:confused2:

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    sorry to hear about your motor travis...i would like to give it another try after new years...:wink:

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    you got it bud, your my first priority to take out after the first of the year, gotta make it up to ya..:wink:

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    ProstreetS10 may post the pics of the 2 we caught today, and by the way, they came off the "old" mooneyes catcrazed gave me because they were "garbage" and "didn't work"..........LMAO!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a tough day, I can understand. It snowed hard today at times, and got very slick. Its always nice to get together though. Sorry to hear about the bad situations, and I hope you all get them fixed cheaply! Did anyone else catch any fish though? How were the blues biting today? I wanna make a trip down this winter T-bull, told the S-man about it.... Let me know when it gets good:wink: rollo

7. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    congrats on the catches travis...im not gona give up untill i catch one:roll_eyes:

8. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Cat crazed and I ( Kat addict) had a good trip. We both enjoyed getting to meet some of our BOC brothers and compared to some of our summer time fishing this year we did descent. We started with a 9 lb channel and then landed a 29lb blue and shortly after that landed another 9lber except a blue this time. We were more or less forced to move from our spot due to the freakin wind blowing us all over the place. We searched for some spots out of the wind but and though we found some fish, couldn't catch em. We went back to our original spot and landed another small channel before we got irritated with the wind again. We called it quits after trying a few more spots to no avail . I meant to get some pics of all the members in the parking lot but it slipped my mind until it was too late. Did get some pics of our fish on photobucket for all to see. Look forward to the next gathering. Would be hard to have worse weather than we endured today:embarassed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    nice looking fish bud, glad you caught some nice ones you guys deserve it..:wink:

10. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Are you trying to suck up??? It aint gonna work bud, gimme my freakin moon eyes back!!!!!!:smile2::smile2: No Im glad there gettin used man. I hate to see them go to waste. Those were the same batch of mooneyes that we slayed blues on 2 augusts ago. Figured they werent any good. Hence why I gave the to you Travis. If I would have had any clue they would catch fish for someone else they would have for sure went to Rumpke.:smile2::smile2::smile2:. By the way, does either one of those fish I caught make me look fat. hehe:confused2::smile2: Im hillarious

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was following Sman up to one last hole and bam! ..... You Probably learned your own from the northeners....lol...rollo

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope you know im joking! LOL... I wanna get down there soon... I will shoot ya a pm Travis....rollo

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good going guys. We sort of knew the conditions were going to make it rough, so we ended up going to Meldahl for skips. Grand total of Skips between the three of us: 0 !!!!! :smile2:

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I had a blast when I finally got there 2 hours late. Luckey Wade got to my place at 1:45am we had breakfast an loaded up the gear and left at 3:00am. We stopped at the Flying J near columbus for some goline. I just happened to look in the boat and saw I forgot the anchors. Randy said forget about it we'll find a cinder block when we get there lol.I said lets go back, which we did. That was a 75 mile detour 37 miles each way lol.
    So it seems everyone had some issues yesterday. Someone out there made a Cincinnatti Gathering Voodoo Doll and was nailing spikes in its head lol. Rollo?

15. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i think your right about the voodoo doll skip:sad2:

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    It was great to meet up with all you guys. Sorry you got the brunt of it Paul. And with any luck your motor will be OK travis.
    Randy and I were marking fish, but they wouldn't hit. He got a bump on one bait but that was it. But we got to experience some great comraderie. When Pauls boat lost steering the wind started carrying him and phil down river. Me and Randy were launching but the starting battery wasn't working cause of the cold so he had to switch them out to get off the trailer lol. Then we went after them and Phil and I held both boats together while Randy fought the wind and a lack of steering at such low speed with his jet motor and did eventually get them back to the dock lol.

And if not for Travis me and Luckey would still be on the river cause there was no way we could have gotten back up that ramp lol.

I also want to thank you for hooking us up with the skipjacks Robin.
    I did take two pics, no fish just two ohio river blue cat nuts lol.

Attached Files:

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah all and all it was still a great time, kind of depressed it is over even though so much bad stuff happend. Skip you and luckey wade are great guys and I am looking foward to hooking up again. As soon as the river comes up we will go out there and get you some blues for sure..:wink:

18. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    gimme my mooneyes

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well guy's, it sure is swell sitting here by the fireplace, warm and cozy this winter day reading about your adventures. I have a hilarious image in my mind of y'all at the loading ramp! lmao Thanks!:smile2:

20. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I really did have a great time yesterday even though the weather stunk and others had mechanical problems. It was nice to meet other members for the first time. I want to thank Ohio Hilljack for taking me out on his boat and fishing with him and his son and Repoman 3809. I would love to come down again. Maybe if the wether is good around Christmas I may plan a trip down there. Here are a couple of pics of Repoman and Ohio Hilljack.

Attached Files: