Cimarron River

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Noodler87, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My fiance and I went catfishing at Cimarron river near Keystone lake in Mannford on Friday night from 7pm to 3am, we caught 8 blue catfish and a channel catfish. Mostly were 1 to 5 lbs, 9 lbs, 12 lbs, and 20 lbs.. We had a great time..

d6faa38a30a4.jpg P3070521.jpg

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K

3. Bullheaded

Bullheaded Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    congrats on those nice fish!

4. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Were you in a boat? Did you use shad? Were you up by Appalachia Bay or further toward Pawnee Cove? How deep were you fishing?

5. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    No boat, we were fishing from my favorite bank just south of Pawnee Cove.. We had a hard time finding shads but only caught one shad and a big drum.. So we use drum fillets and cut it into 1in x 2in pieces. Caught 6 blue and a channel on drum fillets and one blue on shad head... I dont know how deep but we cast our baits into the middle of river..

6. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK

hey what's the water temperature there? I know it just snowed not to long ago. I'm going back home to guthrie in a week and plan on hitting the cimarron river cottonwood creek and skelton creek. just trying to figure out some info before I head home. any help would be appreciated

7. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The water temperature should be between 50 to 54 degree.. I am sure you will do fine at cottonwood creek but most importantly you need catch some fresh drums or shads for bait. Frozen shads don't work really good at all..

8. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    hopefully it will warm up a few more degrees before this weekend. I went out on the river here in des moines today and it was still freezing cold, but I can't wait to get back on my home water!!

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Nice catch. looks like some real nice fish, Congrats and good luck in the future

10. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    hey I'm headed into the state tomorrow, are any shad runnin at all?