Cigarettes In Water

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, May 5, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :confused2: HOW CAN YOU STOP SOMEONE FROM THROWING HIS CIG BUTTS INTO THE RIVER. HIS GIRLFRIEND HAS TOLD HIM -IV'E TOLD HIM AND EVEN PUT AN ASHTRAY IN THE BOAT BY THE CONSOLE. BUT THAT DON'T WORK EITHER. SO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO STOP THIS. ALL IT DOES IS POLLUTE THE WATER. BUT YET HE'LL GRIP ABOUT PEOPLE THROWING TRASH IN THE RIVER. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    At that point I don't know what the right thing to do would be. I've got a little bit of a hot temper, and i'd probably end up ruining the friendship over it.

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Have you tried a spade shovel. I find a steady swing will put out the fire and possibly force them to swallow the butt.

Some people need help learning.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    if it is your boat, tell him he is about to lose his spot in it - if it is his boat, tell him you prefer to fish with someone who doesn't litter....then turn down the next invite from him

5. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Tell him if he don't follow your rules you will not let fish with you again.

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    I agree with if its your boat tell him its your rules or he doesn't get on it. If its his boat, explain to him its an important matter to you and that you choose not to fish with someone that endangers fish and litters by throwing butts in the water.
    That is littering as much as anyone throwing out paper, a can, a bottle, etc. and I would think if ingested by a fish could likely kill them due to the tar build up, etc. in it.

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    There are several things to cure this.. The next time he does it then throw him in after it (if your bigger than him and he can swim). The other is to tell him that you see a $10 bill on the shore and your going to get it, when you get to shore ask him to go look for it behind an old log, when he gets off the boat take off!!:big_smile:

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    Shoot Him Right In The Toodles.....lol....just Kidding
    Next He Does It Tell Him Your Gonna Turn Him In For Littering...
    I Smoke But I Flick The Cherry Off And Put The Butt In My Pockets And It Ticks My Wife Off So Bad When She Does The Washing....lol

9. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Unfortunaty I am a smoker, I have a large can with sand in it to dispose
    of butts. I will not throw anything in the water and will not allow anyone
    on one of my vessels to do it. To me our water is a sacred gift...learn to
    keep it clean...and teach your children...and friends to do the same

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    THANKS FOR THE REPLYS FELLOWS AND GALS. PROBLEM IS 1. HIS BOAT. 2. HES BIGGER THAN I AM . 3.I DON'T KNOW THAT MANY PEOPLE IN THIS AREA SO I'M SORT OF STUCK IF I WANT TO GO OUT ON THE BOAT. 4. HES MY X BRO-IN-LAW. MARRIED TO SIS UNTIL WE LOST HER TO BONE CANCER. :lol: WHAT A MESS.

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This has got to be the Funniest thread I have had the oppertunity to read in quite some time.

Maybe you should get a boat or fish with someone else, Cause I really don't think you will ever stop it, LOL!!!

12. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I would have to toss him overboard and hope that he can swim, cause hes gonna have to swim down and collect everysingle cigrette butt that he found. He might just have to learn the hardway.

chris

13. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Print out this thread and give it to him so he can read it, it might get him to thinking about what he's doing. For years I alway took pride in not leaving any trash where I fished. I hate to admit it but throwing my cigarette butts into the water was a habit I never thought much about until I joined the BOC and read a thread on this very topic. It got me to thinking about it (I guess I'm a slow learner) and I started noticing all the cigarette butts everywhere. Now, thanks to the BOC and the post of a few of our members I now always knock off the fire and throw the butts in my bait cooler and throw them away when I get home and clean out my cooler. All thanks to the Boc :smile2:

14. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Every time he tosses a butt, flick a booger on him. Maybe he'll get the message.

15. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The next time he does it push him in. (make sure he has his life preserver on)
    Tell him that you wont let him back in the boat until he has it in his hand.
    I bet that he wont do it again!

D

16. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Its one of my pet peeves to, I cant stand seeing someone do that. Maybe pick up a couple and next time your at his house throw em on the floor or maybe throw them in his truck. Though Ive seen plenty of trucks it wouldnt matter.

17. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I think you should just come straight with him and tell him that it is littering.It takes a cigrette butt like 20 times longer than it does just paper to degrade.If your friendship is lost over that then it wasn't a friendship to begin with.Hope you get this worked out and you have alot more fishing trips with him in your future.

18. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    tell him if he quits smoking he will catch more fish