Cigar Floats

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by miichael, Nov 10, 2006.

1. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Whats the best overall size of a cigar float? going to get me a few and try slip float rigs but not sure on what size to get. I use no roll sinkers from 1oz to 3oz mostly. plan to order from catfish connection. which size would be best to get?

CF05 CIGAR FLOAT WEIGHTED 5in x .75in $1.30
    CF07 CIGAR FLOAT WEIGHTED 7in x .75in $1.60
    CF09 CIGAR FLOAT WEIGHTED 9in x .75in $1.80
    CF106 CIGAR FLOAT WEIGHTED 6in x 1in $1.75
    CF108 CIGAR FLOAT WEIGHTED 8in x 1in $2.00
    CF11 CIGAR FLOAT WEIGHTED 11in x .75in $2.05
    CF110 CIGAR FLOAT WEIGHTED 10in x 1in $2.55
    CF112 CIGAR FLOAT WEIGHTED 12in x 1in $2.80

plan to use live bait with them and also plan to drift for blues with them.

2. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    i tried the weighted floats and if you are using very much weight lower on line they sink i think it was a 9 in.weighted with 2 oz sinker , float wouldn't stay up. i now went to non weighted and they are cheaper also.

3. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    where did you get the non weighted?

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Got 8 and 6" stick floats at Gander Mt. I like them, they lay on the side until a bite, then go down like a flagging jug. Lots of fun watching. South Bend markets the ones I have. You may want to check Catfish Connection. As for weighted floats, I've a few. Those, I put a split shot or two on the leader just to hold it more vertical. More than an ounce of weight shouldn't be needed. Mine are even less than that.

5. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't like the weighted float either, have a few egg shaped, not very much weight on them. The weighted floats sound like a big flat rock hitting the water. When using a cigar type float, put just enough weight to make the float set at a slight angle off the water, then when a fish hits it will stand up and go under as was previously mentioned.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Using cigar floats is one of my favorite ways to fish. You can fish them so many different ways for different situations. I would suggest buying different sizes. Get one of the biggest and one of the smallest and a couple in between. Should be good for different situations. I use the weighted ones and it is pretty loud when it hits the water if you dont slow it down. Hasnt seemed to bother my fishing though.