chumming?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by bigrig16, Apr 24, 2008.

1. bigrig16

bigrig16 New Member

State:
    pa
    any of you guys chum wen lookin for big cats? if so wats some good things to use?

2. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    i thought about it .. but i dont fish for channels much and i dont think that chuming when using live bait for flatheads would work great ... but if ya try it tell us how ya do.

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have done it before but can't say it actually made a difference...

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I never chum they only have my bait as a meal option.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC its good to have you aboard, if i was you I would check inside the BOC library they have some really good tips in there and you can find some stuff in there about chumming.

6. mike_4843

mike_4843 Member

State:
    Shippensburg PA
    I use canned tuna sounds crazy but it works! :wink:I take the can and poke little holes in the top and then throw it out in the water but it only works good in still water.

7. Cmartin4538

Cmartin4538 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I havent tried chumming yet. I usually stick to the fish attractants, usually ones that are oil based. If you are interested in fish attractants YUM makes good oil based sprays.:wink:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Check the articles on chumming in the BOC Library. It works and if used right you can draw the fish to you.

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i have chummed before when the family goes and we just want alot of action

10. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I do a smaller version of chumming,... most of my shad/herring are vacuum saved and frozen. Frozen shad chunks are easy to throw pretty far. So, after I cast - I throw about 2-3 frozen chunks fairly near where I casted. That way I don't have the whole place over-saturated with free food (making my bait less desireable) but does get some extra scent in the water near my own bait.

11. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Be sure to check your state regulations before chumming. Some states don't allow it.