Chumming

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Angler Management, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Angler Management

Angler Management New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Must be some bad cabin fever around here. After Tony mentioned the guy jumping in the Grand near Lyons the other day, another guy took a dip in the Maple in Ovid. I heard on the news he was stopped by police and he jumped in. Last I knew they were still looking for him.

Might need to find different waters to fish for awhile. Sounds like these areas are getting saturated with guys chummin'.:roll_eyes:

2. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    I watched a travelogue about Alaska over the weekend. They talked to a guy who takes folks to look at glaciers in small boats. He said that on a training exercise, he went overboard in street clothes, and was unable to climb in the boat after just 15 seconds.
    Makes you want to bring a pee bucket for spring fishing, eh?

3. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Are you insinuating that I am unable to relieve myself off the bow of an unstable boat anchored sideways in the current, in the dark, in the rain, without spilling my jambalaya? I beg to differ! Though I cannot recall your exact words, I do remember you being inspired.....

4. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    I remember that well, and if you thought I was inspired because you risked ruining your whole fishing trip by performing a dangerous, foolhardy, and most of all unneccessary balancing act- then you totally misinterpreted my comment!
    At least the water was in the 70's that night, so if you had taken a swim, we could have continued fishing and picked you up downstream somewhere...
    or perhaps I could have snagged the back of your rain jacket with a circle hook and reeled you in! lol...

5. Angler Management

Angler Management New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I don't know about Tony but I, for one, was impressed. Especially after the "gentle" rocking of the boat by his fellow boat mate. I think he's insinuating that a Romex jockey shouldn't be performing tricks commonly seen in the flying Wallendas circus act. Then again, when you tightwalked the anchor rope...

6. Whiskerwhacker

State:
    Michigan
    If only I had been exposed to the virtues of the "pee bucket" earlier in my fishing education, I would not find myself under such scorn and derision. I am taking all of this in the best possible way I assure you. :embarassed:

Sticks and Stones fellas...

7. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    There is no doubt, that often the written word doesn't show the tongue in the cheek of the writer, but "inspired"? PullllleeeeEEEEEEeeeezzzz... LOL

8. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Someone just told me that the remains of one of the fugitives has been recovered from the Grand River near Ionia.
    Has anyone else heard this?

9. Whiskerwhacker

State:
    Michigan
    There is no doubt, that often the written word doesn't show the tongue in the cheek of the writer, but "inspired"? PullllleeeeEEEEEEeeeezzzz... LOL

Well spoken my friend.

10. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    Yes.....I heard it on the news last night. The body was recovered just north of the Lyons dam on Tues. We wont have to worry about catching him this summer.

11. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    One down, one to go- or was the other "jumper" in a different river system?