Chumming

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by aaron1, Mar 13, 2007.

1. aaron1

aaron1 New Member

State:
    TN
    hey guys im making some chum and was wonderin wat u guys think of it? i mixed up some scratch feed for my chickens with different types of seeds, water, few chicken livers, and some salt and garlic powder i used to cure some liver. wat u guys think of it

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Aaron, welcome to the BOC! Just let us know how well that chum works! I plan on trying to get some chum out myself before everybody arrives at the Arkansas gathering!

3. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    sounds good...might want to add some mays and a couple beers to sour....always worked for me

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ask your dad to add the beer for you. Keep adding water 'till it spoils real good. Chum away!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron Welcome to the BOC. Sounds like you are getting ready. Chumming really works.Follow some of the suggestions already mentioned on fermenting and after a few days you should be ready. Also, check out the BOC library on other chemming formulas. Welcome aboard.:big_smile:

6. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome ! For my chum I use 2 parts blended shad and one part Quaker oats (not instant). Brings all kinds of fish in. :crazy:

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Aaron, welcome to the BOC!

8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I just use soured chicken scratch, used to put all kinds of stuff in the chum...........garlic, blood, livers, shad, dipbait...........can't tell they did any better than just plain old soured grain. The above are right about the beer though, will speed up the souring process............I always have about 30 gallons of chum at the ready so I just drink the beer:smile2:. Good luck to ya.

9. chadf

chadf New Member

State:
    Bossier, La
    quick question from a newbie. How long are ya'll letting the chum out before you fish that area?

10. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Hey Chad Welcome aboard.....I usually start chumming after I get my anchors down, I've never used soured grain though...I always use cut up shad cut the pieces so small that a cat has ta find your bait ta get a meal...but the pieces will leave a good chum line to your baits as the drift down with the current....seems ta work good fer me on the Red.....