Chumming recipes.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Sep 17, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    does anyone have any simple recipes for chumming the kitties in? if you do may i have them please? thanks!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The easiest one I use is a can of dog food and a stringer. Poke holes in a can are 3 three of dog food, the cheaper the better, run the stringer through the holes for easy clean up and toss the can out in to the water. Are you can get a bucket and some chicken feed and a couple of warm beers are packet of yeast. fill the bucket up about 3/4 off the way cover with water add yeast and set in the sun. Check the water level and keep it covered for a couple of days. When its ready you and your neighbors will know.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    is it ok to chum the day you fish?

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Yes, while its may take a bit for the chum to draw the fish in it will draw them in to you.

5. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Hay benji . Like the dog food can idea. May give it a try. Also,, love your New sig. It's to very true.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks Dick, I can't take credit for the idea though, a guide in SC showed me that one. He was chumming his holes back in a cove we were fishing and showed us that trick

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    thanks for all the help benji. thanks for answering all my questions much appreciated!!!

8. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I got me a meat grinder that i'm going to try to grind some fish heads guts and other stuf I can get from the fish market.Put it in a five gallon bucket with holesin it and put some wait in the botom and give it a try.