Chumming ground zero

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluesbrother, Sep 13, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    anyone chum the area they fish i have with soured corn caught lots of little channels.good luck

2. Xterra_Man

Xterra_Man New Member

State:
    wv
    I am going to try the chumming thing, but haven't yet. I did buy a bag of the magic bait chum, hope it works.. I'll let you know..

3. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Chumming is great for the eaters. I will chum an area for several days before I fish it. The is to not feed them but put just enough out to keep them coming back for more.

Once you chum the area get you a good dip bait and fill the cooler.

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've got some chum in the works, haven't tried it yet. But gosh, I had better catch something! ever since the online tourney started I have not caught a SINGLE catfish over 5 pounds!

5. Sam Wall

Sam Wall New Member

State:
    California
    I chummed my fishing spot too much, all the fish got fed and now they wont bite, darn.

6. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I have a small meat grinder mounted to the rail of my boat-I grind up bream/perch when I get done fishing with them.Puts a good slick in the water.I don't use it in heavy current,because,well you know!

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont really chum per-say. But i have been known form time to time to make some dough and toss it out around the area just before i throw a line out..... But this once in a blue moon do i ever do it.... And i only throw it out cause the fish dont like it... lol