Chumin'

Discussion in 'IDAHO RIVER TALK' started by Tuco Tom, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Tuco Tom

Tuco Tom New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I bought a Cabela's Whuppin' Stick Med Heavy 9' rod and used an older Penn #109 I've had for years and want to get into catfishing. I took a drive south of the Snake River from Murphy to Marsing checking some spots, the only place that looked good was Marsing @the dock. The next day I went to Celebration Park on the North side of the Snake and plan on returning. Does anyone fish for Catfish in this area?

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Tom welcome to the B.O.C. from N. C. ,hang in there some of the local guys will post u some info on that location i'm sure

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tom Welcome to the Brotherhood, from So. Illinois. Someone from your area will be along to answer your question.

4. idahocatfisherman

idahocatfisherman New Member

State:
    idaho
    hey i know this is almost two months late and catfish season is pretty much over but all up and down the snake between walters ferry and marsing is really good but starts to die off into late august and if you go out try weekdays and not weekends becuase on weekends your lucky if you find a spot.

5. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    This Idaho forum is really getting some action. Good to see. I have been watching it for years and it seldom gets a post. Good to see some activity. I know Dec. is not a big Catfish month but is anyone fishing?
    Its all ice fishing up here right now. Been doing very well on trout and a few perch.