Chum???

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by huntduck, Sep 16, 2006.

1. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Anybody Chum for channels? I've tried the sour milo and wheat.Thought about
    trying soybeans. As for the milo and wheat-well I guess I'll put it in the bird feeder this winter.

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Welcome To The Boc Brother, I've Chummed For Channel ,but I Use Chicken Liver In Panty Hose Which I Put In My Minnow Trap That Way The Turtles Don't Get To It And I Can Actually Catch Small Bait For The Keeper Size Channel Cats.

3. waitin on whiskers

waitin on whiskers New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    I have done the corn and maze thing also. Now i use either chicken liver or pig blood. Take the chicken liver and blend it up in a blender ( not the wifes mind you) until it is liqufied and mix with water in a gallon jug and freeze. take to the area u are wanting to fisg beforehand and toss it in, works well for me. I also use pig blood in the same mannor. Hope this helps..

4. NightWarrior

NightWarrior New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Take smelt and soak it in strawberry jello for a few days and then refreeze... Take out a few hours before fishing... "Don't make jello per package!!!" Just take 1/2 cup water and mix powder until disolved...

5. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    i just started chuming and i do the blender full of chicken livers. i also add garlic salt and a blue gill or too since i usualy use garlic livers or bluegills for bait. i hear alot people use the corn and have great success with it. i chumed the other night at a lake and it had the snapping turtles comin from every where. they are fun to catch. but no fish untill the next nite.

6. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the replies . Fished with livers B-4 but never chummed with them.
    Their cheap enough to give a try though.Also dont have to wait a week to
    let it ferment either.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

canned dog food is another easy one. Just poke holes in the can and tie a rope, I use a stringer stuck through the holes for easy clean up, and toss it in anywhere from a couple of days befre to when I actually go fishing.