Chum?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by eagleclaw22, Aug 21, 2006.

1. eagleclaw22

eagleclaw22 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    does anybody know if chumming a area or throwing out dog food in a certain area help? for big catfish and/or small catfish? Thanks

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I have Two friends that swear by it! They take a half five gollon bucket of soy beans and add water till its just covered and let it set over night then chum the place that they want to fish about an hour before fishing it and the results are good they say. I haven't tried it yet, But I'm Fixing to. Good Luck. your BOC Brother J.D.Straka :lol:

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Believe In Chumming. For Freshwater You Can Use The Cheapest Canned Cat Food You Can Get, It Works Real Well.

Make Small Balls Out Of It On Wax Paper & Then Freeze Them. You Can Mix A Little Sand With Them For Weight To Help Them Sink Against Any Current If Any. They Will Thaw Slowly, Which Makes It Last A little Longer. Just Pitch'em When Your @ Your Spot.

Since I'm Around The Saltwater, I Just Grind Up The "Junk" Fish From My Commercial Fisher Buddies & grind Them Up In An Old Meat Grinder & THen Do The Same Thing, Either Way Will Work Fine.

4. eagleclaw22

eagleclaw22 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    thanks yall, glad to be here

5. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Heard that Purina Hog Chow is good. :roll_eyes:
    Will