Chum ?? Does it work and can I do it?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mud, Jun 24, 2008.

1. mud

mud New Member

State:
    arizona
    I AM MIXING ALOT OF NASTY STUFF TOGETHER LIKE THESE OLD WORMS FROZEN MINNOWS STINK BAIT AND HOT DOGS ALL INTO ONE BOWL AND IM GOING TO PUT IT IN THE WATER WHEN I GET TO THE LAKE DOES THAT WORK LIKE DOES IT REALLY BRING IN FISH AND IM I ALOUD TO DO THAT

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Sure.. Just don't spill any of that in the truck on the way to the lake. :big_smile:

It is legal to chum.. I like to toss out pieces of raw shrimp in the areas I am fishing for channel cats... A little free sample to get em interested.... Then I shank em when they least expect it...
    lol...

3. mud

mud New Member

State:
    arizona
    lol yea that would suck to spill that smellie stuff in the truck yea thats what im hope n to do is just catch a few channels and sum stripers and that stuff just have a good time and hopfully land that one big one lol you have sum of the biggest cat fish i have ever seen it must be so much fun catching those huge ones but it had to be tiering uh?

4. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I got a food processor at a thrift shop that had seen better days and I use that to grind up the baitfish I catch with a castnet when I go fishing. I put some carp, shad, some corn, anise flavoring, whatever grind it up and then I just put it in a gallon milk jug and freeze it. Next time I go to the lake I let it thaw out and then I pour the pulped fish sauce into the water. Eater sized channels love it.

5. mud

mud New Member

State:
    arizona
    wow bro that sounds tight do you know lake pleasant well think that would work in a cove just trow sum of that in and it would work like a dinner bell that would be tight well thankz for giving me your thoughts and how to do it better next time :big_smile:

6. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    There are a few places that most fish pleasant. People do pretty good at the main boat launch at night after the traffic has died down. Parking at the visitors center and walking down to the dam is a surefire way to murder white bass in the driftwood structure at dusk and first light. The back side of lake pleasant is generally less crowded and better to fish. It has more shore access but you need a 4 wheel drive to really get back a ways. I like the castle creek area and I fish with anchovies about a ft off the bottom. You can get tired reeling in 1-2 lb stripers with the occasional decent sized channel thrown in.

7. mud

mud New Member

State:
    arizona
    really thats crazy i dint think there would be that many places at lake pleasant lol i think were going to try that damn under the vistor center do you know if me and 4 other ppl would be able to camp down there ? so anchovies and what else would work down there do you think