Chum Block

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by pk_powell, Feb 9, 2008.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It hasn't been very long ago that Bill Dance advertized a chum block with a rope attached to it. He said ya had to pick a spot and put the block in and tie the rope off tight and leave it there for a day or two. Has anyone seen it here of late? If I could find it I'd try it. Course I think I'm to the point I'd try just about anything to catch me a catfish and I don't mean a minnow either!:0a36:

2. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Try the Dupont spinner. Lite a stick of dynamite, toss it and after it blows
    up under water very quickly use the dip net to pick up a few stunned fish
    then run away before someone comes looking. Trouble is you never know
    who's looking for sure and game wardens take a dim view of this technique.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Invite the game warden to go fishing with you.Lite the fuse and hand the stick of dynamite to the game warden.Let him do the fishing.Try it.It works every time.Every person that I have ever handed a fused and lit stick of dynamite to,threw it.

Now I have only done it to 3 different "pro's" who claimed to "know all about blasting".Not a single one of those "pro's" who stood there watching me "fuse" the stick,even noticed that I did not cap it.They were too busy telling me how good and how experienced they were.

Yea.My life has been a blast!

I love you Brothers and sisters.peewee

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have never personally fished for a big fish in my life.The small ones eat a lot better in my book and you have a lot more action.My "Big Fish" gear has always been bought and brought along for the use of others.I got my fill of big fish with the hated sharks when they were so plentiful in my youth.

Cheap dry cat food in a 1/4 inch weighted hardware cloth cage or minnow trap baits up cats good in some waters.With the minnow traps,you can be attracting with live bait also and catching bait

You deserve the best in my book.I hope you catch what ever you desire.

I love you Sister.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    get yourself a mess of bluegill & sucker or carp. cut it up, toss it in a blender then pour it into a bag with a rope loop and freeze it. It'll chum up the cats as it thaws when you throw it in.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    A car tire with a sack of dawg food in it works. Ya have to wrap rabbit wire over it to keep it from washin out though. Soured chops also works well.

7. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Scott has you covered you can also add in other stinky stuff if you like.

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    you know what also works good. get some range cubes (like what they feed horses and cows with) and mix them with water until you get a nice thick ixture. you can also use a blender. freeze it and use that. works good to attract in the baitfish which brings i the kitties as well. or you can get some chicken liver and put them in a blender and chop them up real nice. put them back in the tub they came in and sick a piece of rope with a piece of coat hanger bent in smalle circle into it and stick it all in the freezer and freeze it. you can use this in current or if its a cal area just throw the frozen blocks of liver mix in where you want to fish. works great.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For your kind thoughts and suggestions. I really appreciate your willingness to help me! God Bless you and may you all walk in peace!!:big_smile: