Chum Bag! what do you think

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by drews0311, May 24, 2007.

1. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i plan on going to a local lake here in southern cali. i will probally be free lining some fresh cut macrel. i was thinking of putting some cut mac in a burlap sac and throwing it out as a chum bag. has anyone tried this? did you have any sucsess

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard of others doing that with lots of success. I've always wondered if one of those mesh laundry bags would work even better. Be sure to tie on a heavy cord or rope so you can retrieve it.

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Let me know when you are going fishing Joe, I will meet at the lake.

Jaime

4. wader

wader New Member

State:
    george west texas
    drews0311...hey drews what works really well for me is to go to the store and buy a bag of gravy train dog food.....fill a plastic milk jug with the dog food and then punch it full of holes.....you will need a wait to hold it under I normally just ty it to my boat anchor and pitch it over the side let it set for about 30 to 40 min and it will drive the fish crazy....they can smell the gravy but get nothing to eat..........just remember to pull the jug back up when you leave so there is not plastic jugs filling up all the good honey holes..........only draw back I have seen is it draws big fish but also the small ones........and you have to mess with the small ones trying to steal your bait while you wait for the big ones to HIt

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The only thing that it has ever attracted to me is small channels and tons of gar fish and that can make for an aggrivating day. Good luck though.