Chuck Norris backed mma franchise?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by wrestler126, Mar 5, 2008.

1. wrestler126

wrestler126 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Anybody have an opinion on the new MMA franchise backed by Chuck Norris? Saw it for the first two times over the last couple of weeks and not impressed.

The team apsect is not bad but it is not near as RAW and physical as the other sanctioned MMA organizations.

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Chuck Norris's world combat league is pretty good. It shows you what your missing when you watch ufc and those other mma matches on ppv. He started his carreer back in the day fighting full contact karate tournaments. It stands to reason he'd start something he's familiar with. I like how you have to press on in the fight and can give points to your oponent by not fighting. UFC and other mma's can get boring while they're setting up for the submission move. Ive studied tkd for 2 yrs & Hung Gar for 3 yrs when I was younger. When the ufc started, I wanted to fight in it but changed my mind when it turned into a big judo match.

Just like on the playground, one kid tackles the other and ground & pounds because they're easier to hit the person when your sitting on their chest then when they're on their feet moving around. Im self defense you want to end the fight as early as possible which can be done for some (depending on the fighter and opponent) faster on your feet then on your back. Young people, Im afraid will not think of other possiblities and take only mma like you see on tv and avoid other disciplines to round off their training. You cant take it to the ground to fight when theres multiple opponents and in some terrain or times of year, you might not be able to either. From what I've noticed, mma teaches you to punch or low kick as a means to set up for the take down. There is more to stand up fighting then just boxing. Niwaza is a good skill set but should never be the only skill set. Yet thats what most of the mma fights turn into. I think martial artists should train in multiple styles since there are no "ultimate fighting system". If for no other reason then to learn how to defend against it. Just remember a system is only as good as the person using it at that particular instance, and anyone can get lucky once in awhile.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I took to long to edit something.... wcl is for entertainment and doesnt come as close to real combat fighting as the ufc or other mma fights on pay per view.

4. baldiscool

baldiscool New Member

State:
    kansas
    This league is new to me, where are they showing it? I would like to catch some of it. Chuck pushes the world down, not himself up.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Its on the Versus channel which was formerly OLN (outdoor life network but it changed names).

http://www.versus.com

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    World Combat League is alright, they just need to attract better fighters.That will be a tough task because the UFC has most of the talent locked up.

7. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    He has no business going in to the MMA spotlight, running a karate school sure, but not training cage fighters...

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think his backing is monetary or use of his name ,stuff like that.He can`t train MMA fighters, they have to be versatile .