Chrysler jets?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by justwannano, Aug 1, 2008.

1. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I've just owned this old West bend/Chrysler for a couple of years so I don't know a lot about them. My other 2 engines were Mercury and Evinrude. Anyway I'm wondering if Chrysler made jet pumps. I've been thinking about the possibility of putting one on this old motor. I've been wondering about older used ones.
    I heard somewhere that Chrysler was into racing boats and I'm thinking jets would be a natural. So I'm thinking it might be a good bet there could be a few good used ones still out there.
    So whaddya think
    just

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Bob, there prolly aren't enough of those old motors around for anyone to have built a pump for them.

But then, I'm just talkin' outta my bass here, so who knows?

3. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Not sure about your engine but there are jet pumps that are built for certain Chrysler engines by for the most part the only company that makes jet pumps, Speciality Mfg. Company , no matter who makes the engine this company is the only company that builds the pumps that go on there engines:wink: http://www.outboardjets.com/index.html this is the page link for the Chrysler engines http://www.outboardjets.com/ChryslerForce.htm Read threw the whole web site to see if your engine and boat meet the requirements, it will also tell you about how to go about installing a pump, like the engine will need to sit about 6" higher on the transom so you will need to install a jack plate. I believe the cost for a pump is around $1800 , I have seen pumps sell on ebay for as little as $150 and for the most part theres not alot that can go wrong with them that would cost alot to fix