Christmas

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by badagirton, Nov 30, 2006.

1. badagirton

badagirton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    so whos ready for x-mas were all done for the most part just have a few more things to get.

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i got my mom, dad, and sister presents i still have to get my g/f presents and her family presents ive never started shopping this early lol. so i think im doing ok.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Christmas was easy this year. Everbody, over 14, is getting American Express gift cards and a Christmas card. The one's under 14 are getting gifts. Finished shopping for everything already, now just shipping it out one house hold at a time. Should finish up wednesday next week.

4. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Only 2more greatgrand kids to buy for and I will be done. They are only 5months and 3years so they will be fun to buy for

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We buy all our grandkids saving bonds... The grownups get squat..! Bah... Humbug...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Sin wouldn't be so attractive, if the wages were paid immediately.

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    We are pretty much finished. Thank goodness for gift cards and online shopping!

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I'm with ol man bah. I give the kids and wife $$$$ that way I do not have to shop.
    Bill

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I have yet to do any shopping for Xmas:crazy:

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I only need to buy a gift for my son. No wife or girlfriend to buy for and taking my daughter to Vegas for her 21st b-day and her x-mas that leaves me with just one person to buy for. I'll probably just give him cash and let him get what he wants. Saves me the headache of shopping and going and buying a tree and putting it up.

10. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Don't ya think that just giving cash as a present is a cop out? Come on an lets get real here. There is no though process involved with giving cash as a present. There is no love involved anywhere in that period.

What ever happened to the good old days when Folks would spend countless hours try to figure out the perfect gift for someone. Are we REALLY that busy? or are we just LAZY.

Gosh, I don't want to be burdened about silly things as buying gifts for everyone, much less hand picking them out, myself. I know, I'll just give cash and that will save me some time and TROUBLE this year, plus, I will look like a Hero by giving Money away..

I tell you what, when this happens you are taking the true meaning out of Christmas. Years ago Folks didn't have a lot of money to spend, so they made presents with their own hands, and gave them out as gifts. There is much more meaning involved with a gift that was made out of love for another person. All the money in the World cannot match that gift.

Now granted this is my opinion only, and by no means am I belittling anyone, I'm just stating what I feel...

11. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I have so many people to buy for, so I start right after Christmas for the next year. I'm making several of the Christmas gifts this year, but I wouldn't mind giving or receiving a gift card. I just finished wrapping most of the presents. I've just got a couple of gift baskets left to make. I guess I'll pull my sewing center back out tomorrow.

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Bud I agree with you whole heartedly and wish it was like that still today. I started giving out the gift cards when a few of my neices asked me why I was giving them "little girl" gifts. To me they are little girls, even though they are all over 18, now. So I started with the gift cards to beauty supply, hair dresser and so on. Plus I save a ton of money just in shipping the gifts to Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, California, South Carolina, Alaska, Virginia and a couple of other states (4 brothers, 4 sisters and a plethera of neices and nephews, greats included). The children under 14 get hand picked gifts either delivered are shipped, depending on where we go are who is coming in to our house. I wish we could all be in the same place at the same time for the holidays, any holiday.

13. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Bud I value your opinion. I really do I'm really glad that you stated that it was your opinion. I know a lot of people who try to tell things and tell it as a fact and not their opinion. Those people act like they know everything. It's ridiculous.
    Now on to your opinion. I've got a daughter married and living away. Buying her a plane ticket. My son stays with his mother. He won't be with me on x-mas and he would rather have cash than open something up and not want it. That's how most teenagers are. That's my x-mas. Thanks to my ex. No more getting up early and opening gifts. No more going shopping together as a family. No more x-mas dinner with my family. I'll just sleep in, get up and watch some football.
    But hey! I don't have to listen to my ex b!tch about anything. What a gift!?

14. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I forgot... I do have to buy three gift cards for my neices and nephew. That's what they want.

15. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I have several in the family that all they want is cash, others want a gift that requires some thought/effort. I have no problem giving either (or recieving for that matter).
    IMO - its not how much or how little effort I give, it's about how much the person getting the gift likes/wants it.

16. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I get to go home to see the parents and get a new fishing rig! I'm pretty excited.

17. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    What's up with this weather? One day it's 65 and sunny and the next it's 7 degrees and snowing.:crazy: It's impossible to not atleast come away with the sniffles. I'm ready for Christmas! That whole week is always a drunken good ole time.:big_smile: Have a good Christmas everyone and be safe on New Years.:wink:

18. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    We finished our shopping in late October. All we have to do now is get the stocking stuffers. For the last 15 yrs I was always the very last minute shopper. Boy it is great to have things done early this year. But, we are having our oldest sons early christmas on the 12th. Before he leaves for his Duities.
    Happy Holidays.