Christmas Memories what's your best

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Dec 7, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    We never know what any day will bring and that includes Christmas or what memories it will hold so I thought it would be fun to share ours with each other
    Mine was about 27 years ago the first after my Dad died well I was lucky enough to get two of my Dads guns that year my wife and I took our baby daughter to Mo. for Christmas after all the presents was given out and opened I looked at my oldest nephew who was about 12 asked him to come with me told him I had his present in the bedroom where I handed him a 22 that had been Dads the look on his face gave me the Christmas memory that I remember often so I do believe the joy of Christmas is in the giving
    And remember God gave the best present so do remember to thank him during the hustle of the season

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    My best Christmas memories are going to grandma's house down in Jesup Ga. when I was a kid. My uncle Jake would always take me and my cousins hunting at Sansavilla WMA on the Altamaha River.

I can still remember killing my first squirrel with a .410 shotgun. I would be so excited the night before going hunting, I would'nt be able to sleep all night.

3. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i am getting ahead of myself but my favorite christmas will be this one because my kids are old enough to unwrap there own gifts and while we dont have alot of money i get to go home this year to see my family and me and my wife decided this year to go back to church so this season means alot more to us this year anyway and in the end isnt that what christmas is really all about. so its not here yet but this will be my best christmas ever

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yes Church and family make a great Christmas memory

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    It's not about the money honey! There is a REASON for the season as we celebrate it. Keep that in your heart and mind. My best Christmas memory is undoubtedly the one where all the boys were big enough to enjoy it together, they were all walking and talking, so I guess it would be when the youngest one was about 2. It's not a singular memory but a collective one :). We always make them wait till Christmas morning and the youngest is 20 now and they still BEG to open something on Christmas Eve. John lets them :/. I won't. So guess who they always ask!

6. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    i have a few but i think the best one was when i got my first .22 rifle when i was 7. was able to go rabbit hunting then with my dad and grandpa.now im the only one that hunts in the family.

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    My favorite CHRISTMAS memories are of my kids being able to open presents on their own for the first time.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I was bout 7 and I got a brand spankin new zebco 202 and I had that thing fer years till somone stole it:angry:....that pole has me hooked even though shes long gone(LOL) the chrismas spirit haunts too (LOL)

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    when my uncle took me bow hunting for the first time... i was so cold but then again i was just a little fella then too :roll_eyes:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I will never forget the Christmas I recieved my Grandpa's Browning 20 ga auto 5 Sweet

11. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    My best memories was going to my Grand parents house in Hollow Rock TN. and going rabbit hunting with my Grandfarther. Then on Chirstmas day my Grandmother would take me back of the house and give me an extra present. I miss those days and my Grand parents!!!

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Keep the memories and your grandparents will always be with you