Christmas Lights

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Dec 24, 2009.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Last year I posted a pic of this house in Wichita that goes all out with their lights. Some of you might remember.
    I have been goin to see this house during Christmas every year for well over 20 years. It goes back as far as my memories do, and according to my Mom, even farther. My Dad used to drive my brother and I around on Christmas Eve so my Mom could wrap presents. :big_smile:
    Well, the house is for sale.:sad2: I can only hope that its new owners will carry on the tradition. Doubtful though beacuse I dont think most people would deal with the traffic and people standing on front of their house takin pictures.:smile2:
    Wichita has a few places that go all out with the lights, but this place is the best to me. Done without donations and funding by business's and churches(that I know of), and it is completely free. I can only imagine how many people have seen that house and wondered what the inside looked like. I might have to go to the open house.:tounge_out::smile2: Its a beautiful house, built in the late 1800s I think, but it has been swallowed up by the ghetto.
    Here is a crappy video I took with our Picture Camera.
    [youtubevid]jdHyNgVHMXY[/youtubevid]

And a pic just in case you cant view the video.:wink::smile2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thats going all out.Someone doing a display like that for that many yrs is something else.

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I sure hope the new owners keep up the tradition. That house has been a highlight since I was a kid.
    Its to bad that all of the tour buss companies that are charging 15 bucks a seat, don't step up, and help them out some.

4. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Man i would hate to have their electric bill for December!! That is very pretty though, thanks for sharing!!

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Man I miss going over there to see that house. It will be a shame if the new owners don't carry on the tradition. Thanks for letting are family beable to see it this year Kyle.:wink: Hope you and your wife have Merry Christmas.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I was hopeing that you would see it Chris. Merry Christmas to you all as well.

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I watched it prob. 10 times just to feel like I was there.:wink: