Christmas gift

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Dec 28, 2008.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Got a new Kodak digital camera for Christmas.

It's one that as 14 mega pixels and shoots video.:crazy:
    So hope to get some action pic if I ever catch any fish,

Now need to learn how to use it.:confused2:

Not sure how to get it to down size to post pictures yet.:confused2:

Look out Kyle when I learn how to use it:big_smile:

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Is it the Kodak Z1485?

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats! You will love to be able to shoot video. Especially when you catch some hogs.:big_smile:
    Look out?:tounge_out: I will probably be the one to show you how to use it.:smile2:

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Congrats on the new camera Tom, looks like your gonna give Kyle some competition. :cool2:
    His videos give me the photography bug too. I've got a good digital camera, but it don't take video, so I've been camcorder shopping. Anybody recommend a good one without breaking the bank?
    Which is better, a still camera that takes video, or a video camera that takes stills?

5. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Ray, my son is big into electronics. He has this very small inexpensive video/ still camera about the size of a bar of soap. He does amazing things with it. I dont know the name of it. I will find out and pm you.
    I have a sony cybershot that does both pretty well. Better with pics. Then I have a panasonic camcorder. The problem is the camcorder takes great video, but average stills. The cybershot takes great stills but average and not too long videos(although you can get larger memory cards).

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Yes Dan thats the one I have.

Kyle I'm sure i will need some help But really what i have seen with it so far its pretty simple to use.

I just dont know how to down size the picture yet to post.

7. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    You can use infranview or any photo editing software to crop or resize pics Tom.
    I have the Kodak easy Share and it is really easy to use and it takes great video. The vidoes I posted are lower quality than what was taken because I had to covert them to mpg. to fit on youtube.
    Ray, if you just want to shoot video during the day, you cant go wrong with a basic digital camera. If you want night vision and/or better zooms and stuff you would be better off with a camcorder.
    Either one, go to Wally World and get a waterproof/shatterproof case for it. They are only like 5 or 6 bucks but they will pay for themselves quick.
    I dont know how many cameras I have gone through.:confused2:

8. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Tom your going to love that camera. My wife has a couple of those for her Yearbook and Newpaper classes. From what I have played around with them they are very nice, lots of features and still easy to use. As for the program to resize the photos the one that came with the camera (if Kodak is still doing that this year, heard they might stop since some companies are.) is nice to resize and email and post pics. If you can't find anything I might have one I could burn for you and you could load on your computer. Congrats on the camera, now the fun starts in going out and taking a lot of pics.

PS. Go look at Best Buy they had some real good deals on memory cards for them. With the resolution so high on the camera it is going to take a lot of file space. I have also found that the PNY Optima cards are a tad nicer they read faster and they also down load faster too.

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    They bought me memory card for it and a tri-pod.

Yes i think i will like it once I get use to re-sizing the pic.

Kyle they say that infranview is in the Libary but I cant find it.

10. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
  11. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Microsoft has a power toy image resizer thats even easier to use than irfanview. All you have to do is install it, and when you want to resize something, just right click on it and select "resize pictures",.. once you've used it a time or two theres nothing easier. Go to the link HERE , and half way down the page is the download for it. irfanview is great for doctoring up a picture, and still worth having.

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, congrats on your new camera, nothing better than being able to preserve the good times. Sounds like it's a real good one.

13. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Dennis, I have the last model of the Cybershot, it's about the size of an older model cellphone, bout, 5X2X1, wouldn't trade it for anything. I found a better battery than the one comes with it, a LENMAR, with it and a 1g stick, I can run it for 90 min and make a 45 minute video.
    My son has the new model, I don't care for it as much though.
    Cons are, no night videos, but the pics are okay.
    I need to have Kyle show me how to get my movies on to utube. I do make my DVD's with no problem though.

14. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    We will try to make it up there sometime soon Jim and I will school you in the ways of youtube.:wink::smile2:

15. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Kyle, you are such a SWEETHEART:beauty:, thank you:smile2:

16. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Jim, you are gonna make me blush.:smile2::eek:oooh: