Chowan river

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CATFISHGARY1, Jan 28, 2009.

1. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    just seeing if anyone has fished for any big cats on that river some of us are planning a trip up there in a few weeks heard a few big ones in there only way to find out

2. tarheel77

tarheel77 New Member

State:
    nc
    were headed that way early tomorrow to try it out for the first time

3. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    yes i heard man ill be at work but let e know how yall do i told marshall i would beep him to see how yall doing if theres any signal up there have you checked out his site yet

4. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    never mind on that river heard the fishing wasnt that great

5. tarheel77

tarheel77 New Member

State:
    nc
    yeah we didnt have much luck but theres alot of water to cover, locals seemed more interested in the crappie fishing so I dont know whether to count it out or not

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    There's blues but no flatheads.

7. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    are there any size ,is it worht the drive

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I don't know but I'm about to start working up there in two weeks. I'm gonna have to fish somewhere and I figure that's gonna be it so I'll let ya know. I doubt it's got the quality fish that the Neuse does but hey not many places do.

9. shellerflat

shellerflat New Member

State:
    north carolina
    last two times i fished it with my uncle we fished smaller feeder creeks due to the fact we had a tiny boat with a electric motor. each time we caught a lot of channels and bull heads. channels were in and around 10lbs and the bullheads were as big as i have ever caught them anywhere. hardest fighting cat pound for pound i have ever hooked. had a couple broken hooks on some jugs we had tied up so i know there has to be some 25lbers and up in there. heard of some nice blues but never seen them.

10. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    yea thats what i heard but havent seen but also havent heard enough on her yet , hey and good luck on the fishing up there when you go to work in a feww weeks