Chosen

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Katmandeux, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    One of my hunting buddies has two kids who are eligible for Oklahoma's youth hunt. This will be his daughter's first year to hunt, so naturally, he's looking forward to taking her, and he asked me if I would take his son (even though there's an assortment of uncles and grandpas that could be tapped).

I've recieved my share of awards, etc. through the years, but none of them came close to making me feel like this. I'm walking on air.:big_smile:

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I can't think of any higher honor than someone trusting you in the woods with their child! Savor the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    That's great. We have from 4 to 6 kids make their first hunts here on our farm during the Arkansas youth hunt every year. It's got to where that is the highlight of the hunting year for us. Ain't nothing better than watch'n the kids! I get a bigger kick out of one of them taking a deer, be it a doe, spike or a wall hanger, than I do me kill'n one!

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    There ya go, you been honored and appreciated. Its great that he got a nice deer for his first too. Pat him on the back for me. Thanks.