Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Choot Em!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Draftstud 
#1 ·
Alrighty then! Wow did we have a blast last Wednesday, we were tagged out by 8:30. Now this was my first time at this and I really have to say there is nothing like when you have a line down and your partner pulls that head to the surface! We left out of the landing around 6:30 and went to our first line, still up. Went to the next one...down! We approached the tree and Travo came around me and slowly pulled the line until OMG, there is a gator on this line! I must say there must be an art to hitting that sweet spot, but I bought plenty of 22s to shoot that thing! LOL Our first gator was a 7'2" female, real nice gator for Cross Lake. On to our furthest line we had the GoPro on the first one and it died just as we got to the second one. Dang! Anyway we pulled up to the tree and the gator was really dug in the roots of the Cypress tree. Travo gave a good tug and up came a beautiful 7'3" male who I dispatched fairly quickly. We were tagged out first morning! Wow and I had a super great time with my son Travis, as fine a man as I know, young or old.
We carried them over to Sarepta, LA to the buyer and he bought the both of them and took pictures as he said the male was so pretty. I am having both heads mounted and they are processing the meat for me...and I got a check for $115 to boot after paying for the mounting. Chootem! Chootem!
Turtle Tortoise Sea turtle
Fish Fish

See less See more
#6 ·
Craig, Yes if you pull up and you can see 3 gators on you must take 2 and cut the line one the 3rd. What I was sure was gonna happen was on the 4 lines we were allowed to put out that my first one was gonna be 5'. You gotta take it, no culling! Then the 2nd would be say 4', gotta take it. Well Murphy's Law would mean your next one, which you would have to cut loose would probably be over 10'!!! LOL. John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.