Choke tubes

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by THRowSOmeStink, Nov 17, 2008.

1. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I was looking at buying an after market choke for my Browning BPS 10. I have looked at alot of them and what was wondering what kind people use. Im leaning more towards the wad wizard cause it isnt a restriction choke tube. Does any one use that kind. Patternmasster and kicks dont recomend anything over bb size shot. Where as with wad wizard its not a restrictive choke tube. Any help would be apreciated.

2. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    What the hell kind of shells are you using that you have to worry about using bigger than BB?

I like the Patternmaster tubes and the Briley tubes the best. Actually the Primos tubes (jellyhead) are pretty good too. My dad has one on his fox/coyote gun and rolled a yote (already hit) with a load of Hevi-shot at 65 yards. Obviously they are a turkey tube but just wanted to share that info. I havent heard any feedback about wad wizard either way so I cant comment on them. If I had to pick 1 it would be Briley.

3. THRowSOmeStink

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I have used BBB for a long time and i have a stock pile of shells. At the price of steel shot im not going to replace my stock just because of a choke tube. That is why i am asking the question.

4. trapperP

trapperP New Member

State:
    Georgia

Call the folks at Rhino and tell them what you want to do - they will help you out! Rhino lives here:
    http://www.rhinochokes.com/waterfowl.htm
    I have used their tubes in several guns: 11-87 Rem, 870 Rem and a SBE. And I'll only say one thing - they work!
    I also shoot BBB size and I think I get better kills with it than with the smaller sizes.
    Let us know how your quest works out.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have a problem finding a after market tube for my Ithica 37 in 12 Ga. I use the I/C with any steel larger than 2,I primarily use size T or F on the greater canadas we have here. I have been lost since the lead ban on waterfoul. Size BB used to be my pet load with lead shot.

6. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    I have a kick's extra full steel and a modified for my bps 10 gauge and I have found that the modified patterns much better with bb and bbb's. On the other hand, I've heard great things about the briley's exteme range (thats what my brother swears by) and the wad wizards. In my opinion there are many great aftermarket chokes on the market, I don't think you will be dissapointed in whatever you buy. Good luck:big_smile:!

7. THRowSOmeStink

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I have chosen the wad wizard and it is supposed to be here tomorrow. Thanks for all your responses and i will let you know what i find out on it. Hopefully it wont be a waste of money but if it is it wont be the first time:wink: