Choke this weekend

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigOBear, Sep 2, 2008.

1. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Had an absolutely wonderful time camping and fishing with the kiddos and gf. No flats this trip but we caught some channel cats. Nothing huge... biggest was a little under 4lbs. Of course they all had a blast catching bait for me hehe. Forgot to take any pics of the channel cats.

Sunday morning was extremely foggy. Eased up the lake from Calliham to 99 bridge to run/pick up hooks. All went well going. Coming back the fog thickened a bit and we got out of the channel. I wasn't too worried about it. Followed the depth finder nice and slow to the bank and started trolling around catching bait for Sunday night's fishing until the fog lifted. The gf was worried... said something about Lake Placid hehe.

When we take our monthly/every other monthly camping trips, I have the kids rank the parks/lakes that we are at 1 to 10. The boys have given Choke 10s all along. This was the first trip for the little girls to Choke. They gave it poor ratings because of a lack of things to do in camp compared to some of the other places we've gone. So it looks like Choke will be relagated to just the boys trips :) Guess that's not such a bad thing hehe.

Anyhow, not the greatest monster fishing trip but a fun trip nonetheless that I thought I'd share with yall. Oh, tentatively headed back to choke around the 20th with just the 16 year old if he can get that weekend off. Will report in then.

2. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX

3. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great to hear you had a good time! That fog looks kinda creepy especially at choke with all the trees.
    I haven't been out fishing in a couple weeks due to this and that:angry:
    Replaced Oven $650.00
    Rear brakes Car $242.00
    Rim for F-250 PSD $723.00
    renew combo license & APH $112.00
    This in the last two weeks yikes I need go fishing nothing ever broke when I was fishin...

4. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Ouch! You do need to go fishing!

5. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Sounds like a great adventure!

6. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Every other month camping trips..man thats hard core. Your kids are lucky.

Back when I was single I used to pick a state park and use it to the fullest-hunt or fish it. I hit a new one every month. Try Inks Lake.

My married life wont allow that now. Maybe when my son is old enough. He's 3months old..gotta ways to go. lol

7. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Sometimes sooner... sometimes not.

My oldest hasn't got to go much this summer with his job. I'm planning to take him down to Choke the weekend of the 20th if he can get it off. Just the two of us... should be a lot of fun :)