choke canyon

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by willcat, Jan 17, 2008.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Anybody fished choke lately, afriend of muine said they were catching pretty good blues @ slab island the other day....Gonna try & put in @ the 99 bridge sat. & try and get me some!!!!

2. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Will, I heard the same about slab island last week. Oughta be good. Headed down that way on the 1st. WIll let ya know.
    Good Luck
    Cliff

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Cliff, u put in @ 99 or mason point????? i think it's the same distance!!!

4. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Will , I usually stay at Calliham and put in there. Haven't been done there in awhile, need to get there soon...oughta be birds o' plenty as well.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i'm gonna try & stay @ Calliham this summer & fish the whole week!!!!

6. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    I'd like to do that as well...set some trots or jugs..fish with r/r ..look at the deer,turkey's...etc..beautiful place.
    I'm gonna camp or stay at the Choke Canyon Lodge..the first part of the month...haven't decided..I'll post up when we get back.

7. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I have been unable to fish lately but talkin to those that are. The best catch that I have seen lately came out of the shallow water on the south shore. These guys were pushing up into the open sections of weeds and castin ito the open spots. Others are fishing Weesach island some in the sticks and some just out of the sticks. The results have been changing frome day to day. They are catching a few good fish but no one is catching their limits.