Choke canyon

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by willcat, May 21, 2007.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    went to the 99 bridge friday night, just have to watch the 16 ft gator that's lurking on the left bank when u get bait, only caught 4 blues but they say there was a an ol' timer that pulled a 45 blue on a jugline just before i got there along w/ 43 keepers to eat!!!!

2. Rhinoliner

Rhinoliner New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is a great lake for catfish. I have done well there every time I have gone. I always put in at 99 bridge and go up river. I always look for the gators there but haven't seen any yet. In a way, I am sort of glad about that. I hope to plan another trip there within the next month or so.

3. wader

wader New Member

State:
    george west texas
    99 is a good place to fish lots of blues in choke we went out on monday and picked up 58 nice blues from 20 to 28 inch range no real monsters but lots of fish......had a great time with my 2 sons.

4. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ive been to choke canyon 3 times. 2 of the trips we did awsome. Came back with a good mess of decent fish. One trip we caught a fair number of fish but nothing really to speak of. The biggest fish on the 2 good trips was about 3-4 pounds, on the not so good trip 2 pounds was about the biggest.

I got a picture of a smaller gator from one of our trips. Probably about 8 footer.