Choke canyon lake

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by willcat, Oct 22, 2007.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    fished choke sunday & found lots of fish but no keepers, plus everybody i talked to on the lake said the only decent fish are caught on jugs right now!!hundreds of jugs all over the lake!!!!oh yeah we also caught a drum that went 4lbs, but nothing to take home.....they were all between 12 & 14, we caught about 50 of em but did'nt feel like cleaning small ones!!!

2. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Will , thanks for the report. I was down there a couple of weeks ago and found much of the same. Fished near oppusum creek and hog island 4-14 ft of water. Moved out to 25 ft and found some "better" fish but nothing to wrtie home about. They're there but I didnt have the time to find more of em'.
    You see a any good messes of commorants yet?
    They should be here after this front or shortly there after, some of my favorite fishing.
    Thanks again for the report.
    Cliff

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nope no birds just alot of ducks moving in, i was looking for the birds but were'nt none to be found, i also fished in 25 to 30 ft of water & found the 14" fish but not big enough or plentiful enough to clean. I did take my b in law & his son, & also my f in law & my step son who cooked up some mean fajitas on the small portable gas grille i put on my pontoon so it was a good day on the water!!!!!!

4. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    I would say so..fajita's and fishing!:wink:
    I'll bring my special red colored guacamole if ya invite me out next time....never mind the tub it comes in..lol

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    hahahaha:smile2::smile2: haven't resorted to eating the red colored stuff yet after i added the grille!!!!!!! we'll definately get together soon enuff!!