Choices at Cabelas

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Uncle Sam, May 22, 2007.

1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I want to buy a couple of new boat rods to match up with 6500's. Probably would just order ugly sticks but I have some Cabela bucks accumulated from using a Cabelas credit card and I would like to use them. They have their brand of E glass catfish rod. They also have the berkley glowstick. They have an ugly stick or two but they are listed as saltwater rods and the line and lure weights are different. Are these the same ugly sticks as the regular Uglystick Tiger? Please enlighten me about these choices. Anybody fish with any of them?

Thanks
    Sam

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Tiger rods are made for saltwater and thus listed as such. I bought mine from Cabela's.

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Uncle Sam i have purchased 4 "salt striker" outfits and they are GOLD!!! I have hauled in MONSTER fish (check avatar) with ease. THey are very cheap and handle like tuna sticks!! This is my personal favorite!!

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    got them all except the glow stick i herd they break easy (more show than go) king kats and whupping sticks feel the same to me i like the kks better because their white w. foam handles for a 6000 size reel imo great match. most of the reg. uglys they have arent heavy enough for big sinkers the heavy action tiger light is rated to be a good match. the reg tigers to me are awsume a mh would be way to mutch rod for your reels. so depending on how many points you got to spend their ya go. if 8' aint too long and you dont got alot of points to spread out for more than one rod the kks are well worth $20 if not go for a tiger my 2cent.