choctaw success

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by bigmaac73, Oct 29, 2008.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    It wasn't much but I caught a few yesterday moning in some brush piles in some bend holes. I went from the boat ramp on Hwy 20 but I think next time I am going to be going to go up to I-10. The river is just alot more cat river typical up that way. Lots of bends means lots of holes and more holes hopefully means a better population than down river where it straightens out more. It was a pretty day, COLD, but pretty. Went out early just before daylight and netted some shiners. I wasnt sure if they would still be there but I was hoping. Caught the first fish at the second hole about 45 min in to the trip. It was about a 4lb channel cat and I caught it on a live shiner about 5 feet from the bank in about 3 feet of water. The next one came about 2 hours later on a peice of shrimp on down the river by a fallen tree. I am going to try and go out on Friday up by I-10 and try my luck again.

2. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    where are you putting in on 10

3. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I went up to I-10 a few weeks ago to exit 104 and went to a ramp on hwy 90 just off the interstate. It was really different. The river in that area is pretty fast and was just FULL of cover. It was almost too much cover. First off the river was so fast that no matter where you threw the river took it where it wanted. The cover was all over the place. The holes where not very deep cause the cover didnt let the currrent go in a straight line and really dig them out. I have never been on water like and had no idea how to fish it. I just wish that I could fish with someone here that knows what to do here and show me a little something.