chittling bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by speedy1_36, Sep 11, 2005.

1. speedy1_36

speedy1_36 New Member

State:
    Bruce,Mississippi
    Some one on here(BOC) gave a chittling bait recipe. I tried it like this and it worked for me on the jugs a couple of weeks ago. 2 packs of chichen livers, 1 pack of chicken hearts, 1 small tub of blood stink bait, and 5 pounds of chittlings(pork). I mixed and let sit in the sun all day and used it on the jugs that night. The chittlings will stay on the hook till you take it off and will probably work well on trotlines. I should probably let it sit longer but don't know if i could stomach it or not. The fish weren't biting much we tried shad,plain liver,power bait,and night crawlers below the spillway at Grenada,MS then we put on the bait above and caught 4 channels 2 to 3 pounds. Not what we were looking for but the bait does work i am going to try it again next weekend at Enid Lake. Thanks to whoever posted it. I can't find the post.

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    That has to be the foulest bait to be around. I'll stick with natural baits....LOL

3. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    I agree with you Desperado. It's bad enough eating a fish when you don't know what he's been eating, but feeding him something like that, then eating him, that's quite alright. Why not just add about 3 lbs of rotten fish to your bait recipe, and just eat that. LOL!!!! Don't take it personal, whatever works for you, but until my natural bait quits working, I'll stick with it.

4. speedy1_36

speedy1_36 New Member

State:
    Bruce,Mississippi
    it's not that badddd... But to tell you the truth i took 2 of my brothers and i drove the boat and got them to bait all the hooks..lol they complained all night ha ha... Guess you can tell i am the oldest..

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I got the idea of using chitlings after having success with bacon. Pork is pork, right? I know some folks like to 'age' bait till it's odor will gag a maggot, but I've generally done better with baits that aren't well on their way to being rotten. My first batch of 'cured' chicken livers didn't cure so well, and the longer I kept them, the worse they smelled--and the fewer bites I got on them. Finally, they got so bad that people were falling out of the boat when I opened the container, and when I put them in the water, dead fish floated up all around. Seriously, I do add some flavor to my chitlings by putting garlic powder or the contents of flavor packets from shrimp Ramen noodles into the ziploc bag with them. Believe me, those chitlings will smell plenty strong without letting them lay out in the sun.

Another pork bait that will stay on the hook well is salt pork or hog jawl, but it's more expensive. Not as nasty as chitlings, though.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I was wondering can one just use the chitterlings for bait< I would like to see if it will work with-out any other ingredients add to the chitterlings. :confused: