Chinese Microwaves

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by oh no, Aug 24, 2008.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Walmart has these microwave/convection ovens for 78 dollars.

Do Not Buy One

A freind of my wifes got one 2 weeks ago. Yesterday , the 4th time she used it, warming a bagel, it blew up. It sent some kind of hertz spike back threw her wiring. She lost her TV, VCR, kitchen stove. She had the Fire Dept out, smoke everywhere.

Darn thing is going to cost her a lot of money before this is over.

It was an Emerson Microwave/Convection.

They had piles of them set out to sell for kids going back to college.

Buyer Beware.

Oh No

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jim, not to say that brand is bad but I do not see any way it will cause an electrical spike (depending on the age of the house and its wiring) to blow the other electonics.

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There might have been a voltage spike coming in off the lines. But it looks like the circuit breakers should have caught it. Interesting.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana

A Friend of mine was explaining electricity. 120 volt 60 cycle/hertz deal. It[ the microwave] runs with mega hertz/cycle. Now if something screws up, the mega hertz will run right threw that 60 hertz cycle/wave pattern. It is so fast, thousands, rather than 60 cycles a second, it will not trip breakers, but drive everything electronic nuts. Because most stuff with any electronic gizzys is powered up all the time.

That mega hertz spike, raised the voltage for a split second and fried everything that was powered up full time. Even electric alarm clocks can quit.

Her 16 x 70 trailer is only 5 years old.

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I would be having a talk with Emerson.Who knows they might be helpful once the bad rep starts getting around.

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well if some one profeshanel in electronics stands behinde this emerson would have to replace all that was lost i would think