china made abu's

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by BIG_D, Jul 17, 2009.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    did you know that the Abu 7000i 7000c3i 7000ics and 9000i are made in china i dident till i got to reserching for a few new river reels i kinda had my sites set on the 7000i for the low gear 4.1:1 but now that i see its made in china i am wondering if i should shy away from it what do you think :confused2::confused2::confused2:

2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    When i was at rogers sporting goods/rogers lurers lol thier name has me confused online says one thing the store says something else but i saw some abu's made in germeny but they were the 6000's. Imo if im going to spend the money on one i want it from germeny and not some cheapo from china for the same price

3. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    do you mean sweden maybe??? GERMANY????:confused2:

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i tend to agree Mike i prefer the sweed over the china i have had a china bcx and had good luck with it but when you go to talking a 100 bucks or beter i tend to want the sweed made one's

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I've had Abu reels from other than Sweden and I had no problems with them. I would pay more attention to the parts themselves rather than where they were put together. Its just a personal choice you'll have to make on your own ; )

-Jim-

6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Yeah SWEDEN LOL :smile2: didnt relize i typed germeny i was watching history channel they were talking about germeny while i was typin :embarassed:

7. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm afraid that I can't give a strong opinion on reels, but personally I try to avoid everything I can made or put together in China.....not easy though.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  9. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sweeden all the way. Either way they are both foreign made reels!!!!!!!

10. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had the same problem when I received my first 7000 Pro Rocket and saw it was made in China. Wrote the dealer and demanded a refund for return the whole nine yards, but Snagged hit me with a little wisdom and I decided to at least give it a try. Turns out I'm very pleased with the performance and ended up ordering a second one. There's something about the "made in China" that rubs me wrong, but I still find it hard to find fault with the reel itself. PM Snagged and he will be a lot more detailed than I cause Abu's are his forte. Stay safe and try it before you buy it!!!:wink:

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    DARN, I was typing away and the whole thread just disappeared. As I was attempting to say, if Abu Garcia provided the specs to the Chinese for them to manufacture the abu reels, I would imagine the Chinese followed them to the millisecond. The question I would have would be in the composition of the metals they use to fabricate the parts. They probably are not at the same caliber of the metals smeltered in the United States or Europe. Would I hesitate to purchase an abu made in China, well, yes, less than 5 minutes though.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would not shy away from them at all.

13. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    lol so you are saying you would purchase one well i had one china made one and to be onest i liked it better than the sweed made ones i have so i am thinking i will get a couple of the 7000i

14. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    yes i know exactly!! i do it all the time when im talking!! my trAin gets derailed quite often!!

15. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    And another thing- alot of people woud be surprised at where alot of things are made!! im currently laid off from TRW automotive which builds steering gears for big trucks!! This is kinda funny but we have some assembly done in mexico and some component parts manuactured in china,well ive seen them receive fully assembled gears from mexico and components from china and stamp them with " TRW AUTOMOTIVE LEBANON TN" basically slapping the good ole made in america sign on them even though all we did was paint them and pack those particular gears! just goes to show you that you really DONT KNOW!!!:cool2:

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They are OK, not as good as Swedan made ,but ok !!! just my opinion :eek:oooh:

17. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I have six of the made in China 7000ic3 reels and have had no trouble with them other than a poorly designed clicker mechanism that Abu have redesigned.
    The reels weren't designed in China so you can't blame them for that.

They are well made and do exactly what they are supposed to...W

18. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Well if all abu's are made like the rest of the stuff that come's from there ...Like honda ...yamaha ...toyota .. nissian ..and about every shoe you own:smile2: It can't be that bad right lmao

19. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't know about all the models made in China, but I have the 7000iCS Pro Rocket, and I wouldn't trade it for any other reel in its class, if there is one.
    I am not thrilled about sending money to China, but that is where Abu Garcia decided to have the models mentioned assembled. If they would have decided to send the reels to the USA for assembly, I doubt the quality would be any better and I am quite sure the price we pay for them would be higher. This is not a China issue, it is an Abu Garcia issue. I would bet Shimano and Diawa don't have too much to do with the USA when it comes to manufacturing or assembly. Buying Shimano and Diawa equipment doesn't do much for the USA either, but you need good equipment.