chilihead movement afoot?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Dec 25, 2007.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man im loving it. more and more the chili isnt a taboo. take the introduction of the fiery habenaro doritos, the jalapeno thick burger (witch needs hotter jal's imo), the flamethrower burger at DQ, and last night my wife gave me a bag of habenaro pistacios from farm and fleet.are we having a new revoluiton of heat waves?

there are a few chiliheads here that used to chat in a sponsor thread. lets get back in action with some blazing recipies.

im seeing more spicy items daily on the shelves. finnaly someone is taking a chance to put out hot versions commercially. i used to have to spice it up myself. now its in the bag. i preffer home cooking but now at work on lunch i can grab a spicy entree thats quick. thank you subway for having those pickeled jalapenos on the menu. pleas get habenaro next. there are a few of us out there waiting.:wink:

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I love hot food. When I make my own hunan beef I double the chiles they call for.

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I love hot, spicy food. Hooters 911 is about as hot as I like it. Not super hot but hot enough to where you can still taste the food. Home grown pickled jalopenos are my favorite.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Hot food is great as long as the heat doesnt over power the flavor. IF you've burnt off your tastebuds and cant tell what your eating without looking at it, then its too much!!

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Pork rinds an sassy jones hot sauce is about as daring as I get with chips,like mine to be plain,but I do love ta garnish my porkrinds .

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    my all time favorite is trappys red devil cayenne pepper sauce. its not about the heat, its the taste:tounge_out: i could drink this stuff i love cayenne anything :big_smile: :cool2:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i was like that with tabasco. we would go to monicals pizza every monday night here. its all you can eat for $5.00

5-6 of us went for a year every mon. and you could order as many pizzas any size or type and it was $4.95 each + drinks. we usually just made it simple. 6 guys 6 pitchers of beer. we each payed for a pitcher and one a,y,c,e,. and i was designated hot sauce man. all they had was red hot. like catsup to me. i stopped at the iga on the way and got a bottle of tobasco. i had to stop every mon cause we drained the bottle everytime,lol.

8. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I think this a matter of what people consider normal. Although I prefer things on the low end of the Scoville scale, out here, there are lots of good Indian, Mexican, and Thai restaurants, not to mention the Hunan and Schezuan. I still try to avoid the tiny Thai chilis.

-- Rich