Child support

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Creteus, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    How many have to pay support and do you belive that it should be so high. I know that not even a quarter of my support goes to my daughter. It drives me nuts to give money away to cheap golddigger like the X. My mother has had my daughter all summer but yet the money keeps rolling out.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    This could be a heated topic so lets try and be civil everyone. That is all I want to say.

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    touchy subject..my wife gets child support from her ex for 2 kids and only get $40 a month...we take that money and put it in the bank for there christmas....

4. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    In theory I agree with it but in reality it gets abused like so may other things. I think not being bitter at your X is the best thing for your child.

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I pay it for my 2 boys but I know my x is using it for something else besides the kids. I don't mind paying it but it should have to be recorded what it was spent on.

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John: Good for you. The system is unfair. I know many men who pay much more that their share but you don't here about them.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I do not pay as me and the wife are together. This is something that I do not have to worry about now and never hope that I do.

I would write a check and keep all the copies. I would show my daughter when she is old enough that daddy is trying to help out as much he can.

I am also a firm believer that I have to answer for what I do. She would have to answer for what she does. You can only do what the court says is right brother. You are doing your part to try and be a great father.

Good luck to ya in this situation.

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Have any of you guys ever thought about going back to court and ask the judge to grant joint custody and take a lawyer with you that is good at this. I ain't talking about a 2oo.oo dollar ambulance chaser either. This way the burden is equal and I have seen the courts grant this many a time.
    You need to have some proof that she is not spending money on the child or children as it may well be.

This means several trips to the courts to prove her unworthy to handle your child's finical affairs. This way you get her half the year she gets her the other half and you don't have to give her money.

Cretus you said : My mother has had my daughter all summer but yet the money keeps rolling out.

I have to ask you this. Why is the child staying with the grandmother when she needs to be with one of the parents.

This action goes a long way with the judge. I ain't trying to crap in no ones Wheaties bowl here but I see these cases on a Daly basis

9. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'm about as bitter as anyone can be. Can hardly pay my own bills and to watch the money that I give to here got to $100.00 hair cuts, Bar tabs, and clothes for herself and my daughter is wearing things two sizes to small. I've know a few of her ex-boyfriends over the years and they've told me how things are.:angry:

10. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I think it should be in vouchers used only for items kids need.

11. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    We always called it a tax, You can get mad and holler and scream all you want, but if you don't take it in front of the judge with proof then you just as well get used to it. I tried to buck the system, but I found out I was a little fish in a very big pond. The courts are actually starting to take the Man in consideration, but your ducks have got to be in a row, and all of you t's crossed and i's dotted. Good luck, Andy

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    What a subject to say the least. Have been paying for 14 years or so, another year or so to go. Judge must have thought I was a movie star with monthly payments they set. Usally 1/4 of your entire wages for 1 child. I just tell myself it's helping my daughter have the things in life she needs. No way to control how the X is spending it. Have it automatically with drawn from your check if your work place has that option, saves the frustration of writing that check every month.

13. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I went to a lawyer and they said no way. Got a checkered past back in the hell raisen days that will stay with me forever. Got myself backed into a corner from years before I even met the ex wife. All this Ruins any chance of the court seeing my side of the story. Some say the court looks at how you're doing and not what you had did. Not true. Either way, the ex gets the money the child does without and I get angreer.

14. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I'm goaing through a divorce right now, we both agreed to split custody with no child support. I can understand your frustration...

15. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    my dad is gettin buried from child support, yup 1500 a month, leavin him 500 to live off of, yup ole mom knows how to work the legal systyem even though it aint fair, my dad dont deserve it

16. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Matt what ever lawyer told you that is only a lawyer looking for a way to make his money easier. If you have been out on the streets for at least 3 years and have had no trouble since then the courts will listen. Like one other said here have your ducks in a row. If you are that angry then turn that anger to working out a way to end that problem and I am here to tell you that it can be turned around. But the longer she keeps you angry then the longer she keeps you whipped.
    I am taking from your post here that you have served time. ( none of my business I don't want to know) point being if you have then what I will say will mean something to you if you haven't then it won't mean a thing.

Its not winning the fight that counts its having the heart to fight the fight as well as walk the walk.
    I will bow out of this one gents because this is old news to me and I can't contribute anything else that would matter here. I thank you for reading my replies though. Good day to yea.