Chiggers Vs Skeeters

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 40oz, Jun 2, 2009.

Chiggers Vs Skeeters witch is worse

1. Chiggers

2. Skeeters

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Witch ya'll think is worse chiggers or skeeters, Seems to me chiggers can get to you no matter what you do.

2. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I picked [skeeters] just because I don't know what a chigger is...:eek:oooh:

3. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I have to say chiggers because they tend to get me around my socks and waistline. That and it itchs like a sumbabit**:crazy:. For those of you that don't know what a chigger is, it is kinda like a mini tick that bite the crap outta of ya. Just goggle chiggers and you will see what i mean.

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Chiggers by FAR!!!!!!! I hate the SOB'S

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I have better luck using something to keep the mosquitos off me than the chiggers. Like Steve said I hate em!

6. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    SE IA. on the skunk river
    CHIGGERS ! I been itchin a chigger bite all morning! :eek:oooh:

7. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
    Chiggers are the worst!!!
    The best thing to do is get a bag of sulfur and spread it. Also put some on your pants, socks and shoes before going into those chigger infested fields.
    Chiggers hate sulfur!!

8. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    I hated talking a vinegar bath when I was younger for chiggers. At least with skeeters they bite you and they are gone.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had to say chiggers,But I have a good way to keep them off of me. I first spray deepwoods off liberally from the waist down,BEFORE I DRESS,then my socks,then jeans and last my boots after I put them on. Its a little trouble,But well worth the extra effort.

10. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Mosquitos I can swat (and feel better) Ticks I can pull off and squish (and feel better) but chiggers are the worst. "Chigger-rid" is good AFTER they bite. Blackberry picking is prime chigger country.

11. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    For some reason chiggers don't get on me... Mosquitoes are another story......:angry:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm like Joey. Chiggers pretty much leave me alone. Mosquitoes annoy me. The more onions and garlic I eat definitely affect how much I an annoyed. I take care of the rest with deep woods. It's gotten to where I need the smell of it to feel like I am fully in my fishing mode! lol :smile2:

13. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    i picked skeeters on this'n... i agree the itch from a chigger is worse, but i aint seen nobody in the news dying from a chigger bite.. them skeeters are lethal...

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    skeeters for me.i just spray a little off on my socks and pants legs for chiggers and no problem.

15. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    If I'm going to be in the woods this time of year, I wear a set of clothes treated with Permethrin.

16. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    First off chiggers is not polictally correct,they are now called chiggroes.IMO chiggroes are by far the worst.I almost ended up in ER a couple of times with so many bites there wasn't room to bite me any more.The only place I didn't have bites was on my face.Didnt sleep for about 3 days.Nuke em I say.:angry::crazy:

17. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Chiggers is by far the worst for me. I have a very bad experiance with them when I was 7 or 8 years old. Got them in the nadds...No joke. swelled up like a watermellon. Hospital visit and shots to take care of it. Just a bad memory. I'm sure you all are LOL right now.

18. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i hate chiggers but skeeters are a very very close 2nd.

JUST REMEMBER IF THE BUGS AINT FLYING , FISH AINT BITING.:wink:

19. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    About thirty years ago, I was attacked by chiggers and they covered every inch of my body....it was aweful. The bites and itching lasted for weeks. Now since that day....I have never been bitten by them agan. So I voted Skeeters are worse for me now.....they "SUCK".:smile2:

20. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Chiggers is the worse for me. Cant see the little things when they go to eating on ya and they itch like crazy. When I was about 7-8 years old I had em so bad and scratch them so hard that I thought I was going to loose my foot from ankle down. Infection, swelling was bad, couldn't walk. Had to go to doctor over it. Took several weeks to get rid of the effects. we got em every summer . We use to take bleach baths to get rid of them
    But seems like now days they dont bother me as much as skeeters do. Not sure why.
    Maybe they aint as bad where I live. Course when I'm outside, I soak down in Deep woods off . plus when I come in for the night. I rub down with alcohol using a wash cloth. That might be why I dont get em as bad Still, chiggers are the worse for me. that an poison ivy. use not bother me till I burned a bunch of it one day and breath in the smoke. Now I cant get near it.