Chiefs New Qb

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by shelbygt1979, Feb 28, 2009.

1. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    A New Quarterback for the Chiefs Whoo Hooo:smile2::wink:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3942130

Rumor is they gave up there second round pick:

SI. Peter King confirmed a 2nd round pick.

"With the 34th overall pick of the draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select .... Matt Cassel!"

2. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i just heard.......thats f-ing awesome.i never would have thought we would get him and Vrabel for the 2nd pick!!im sure there was some money involved,but they have a TON of it!!!i think this deal is the first of many to be made between NE and KC.:cool2:

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    One second round pick I wonder who the Pats are thinking about drafting??

I might have to go to a game this year:smile2::wink:

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Vrabel and Cassel.. Thats a Huge DEAL!!!!! Thats gonna change next years outcome for sure, Cause remember Vrabel can also be a TE. So he can be a threat on the offence.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Nice pick up Chief Nation!

Kraft is gonna kick himself in his a$$ when post-reconstructive knee surgery Brady is not as effective.

6. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    they must have a ton of money, I working on the renovation and they are spending it big, new press box 3 stories and new vip boxes. I hope they start acting like the old chiefs

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is so awesome!!! I am pumped about this, they are going in the right direction

8. peechykeen10

peechykeen10 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Cassel is a BEAST...Look out AFC West :crazy:

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Definatly a nice deal for the Chiefs, but they still have some work to do. They have to upgrade the O Line for Cassel or he'll spend a lot of time on his back, and another good WR would be nice too. Perhalps Michael Crabtree in the draft or TJ Houshmanzadeh through free agancy.

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Ya got that right. The NFL network would disagree with you on the O Line though. They said with the pickup of Cassel and with LJ, TG and the O-Line coming together now:eek:oooh: I thought that we still had the oline that had Tyler running around for his life. It is amazing what happens when the Chiefs get a New England guy. Everything seems to be better:roll_eyes: I still think it is a great trade, but I hope that they get some O-Line, and D-Line to get this team going. TJ Whosyourmomma would be a great pick up if they can get him.

11. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    It sounds good, I just hope Cassel isn't a one hit wonder. Something about him I don't like. After all we don't have Randy Moss or Welker on this team and Welker was catching 10 balls a game underneath. Lets not forget that he was a seventh round pick that had an above average seaon, not a great one. Just glad we didn't give an arm and a leg for him.

12. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I think it was a nice pickup for the Chiefs, yea, you worry he may be a one hit wonder but it is no more unknown that bringing a college kid to get the job done, his learning curve already started and had good mentors in NE. The LB was just icing on the cake, he is still good enough to contribute and to lead the young guys they have in the lockerroom.
    Future looks brighter for you guys already.

13. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I think Cassel may do ok but am not sold on him. I hope the Chiefs get him some offensive line help now.