Chickin Hearts

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Wallbass, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone ever use Chickin Hearts?? Never did much good on the Gizzards(turtle fair)

2. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    when i buy chicken livers somtimes theres hearts in them if i find them in there i will use them first they stay on the hook alot better an they work just as well wish they sold just hearts around here

3. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    I agree on the hearts. If a person has acess to fresh liver (from a processing plant) it stays on the hook much better than packaged in the stores. The store packs say fresh but they are pre-frozen which breaks it down. Anytime you refreeze it gets worse.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Makes since about the refreezing, thanks for sharing

5. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I wouldn't use good chicken hearts for catfish bait. They taste too good rolled in flour and fried.:big_smile:

6. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    i also get hearts in with my livers from time to time.i love them when the liver wants to run i will put the heart on to hold the liver in place. i have caught lots of channels just on the hearts. i to wish they sold just hearts around here!

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I've used gizzards, hearts, and liver. Where I have fished with these baits the liver did the best. With the gizzards and hearts the turtles loved to beat the catfish to them.

8. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I can get Gizzards and Hearts half & half at Kroger. for around $1 pound........:big_smile:

9. Kerplunkd

Kerplunkd New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Chicken and their parts are for people and other land creatures to eat. I've never seen a chicken swimming where I'm fishing and still can't figure out why people use it for bait.

10. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Because they catch catfish on them!!

11. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Where I fish the hearts and gizzards just dont produce like the livers,To bad also cause they stay on the hook so much better.

12. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Hearts are the best choice if you really need to cast a long way, you dont need to put pantyhose around them like you do liver if your really tryin to get out far. They dont seem to produce quite as well as livers by themselves (they dont hold the blood smell like livers do) but I squirt em full of blood paste and it probly doubles the effectiveness of them.

13. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    stick with liver they work very well catching channels bullheads turtle and even carp chicken heart i agree taste very good rick