Chicken Wings

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Boomer, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I looked throught the BOC dinner cook book and did not see a recipe for chicken wings.

Here is how I make mine.

Chicken wings (my wife likes for me to fry up chicken breast strips this way)
    Franks hot sauce (or your favorite)
    eggs
    flour
    milk
    salt
    pepper
    cayenne pepper
    oil

I like my chicken wings crispy. Mix the flour salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Mix eggs and milk, heat oil in deep fryer. Dip wings in milk/egg mixture, then in the flour, then drop in hot oil. I deep fry the wings for about 5 minutes, until the batter is crisp, and this also cooks the wings until they are almost done. After the wings are out of the oil, I coat them with the hot sauce using a paint brush, the batter will suck up the hot sauce, and put them on a cooking sheet. Be sure and spray Pam on the cookie sheet to keep them from sticking. I put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until, the hotsauce no longer comes off the chicken on your fingers.

When I make chicken wings, I make some using BBQ sauce, for those who dont like the heat. My daugter loves the hot sauce ones, but they are to hot for my wife.....lol...

You can also coat them with Italian Dressing to give it a different flavor.

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Sounds good..... I do most of my cooking on a smoker, I cook hot wings on it and they are delicious.
    Thanks for sharing. :big_smile:

3. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya i dont use any batter at all just deep fry them i think its 12 minutes them in a slow cooker with glass lid . melt a stck of butter and a small bottle of franks together in a pan and pour on them and stirem around. i usally do another cooker full of bbq sauce. hog down :big_smile::cool2:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ill fry mine up just plain and dip them in butter and habanero sauce. Pinch of salt and a touch of worsty sauce...ya know what I mean.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm working on a recipe, but haven't got it just right yet. I'll post it when I do. I've got the taste down pat, but still working on the heat. Gonna add some habeneros to the marinade for the next batch.

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I like to marinade mine in some Jack Daniels mixed with some spices and jalepeno juice for 24 hours, then smoke them on my smoker for about an hour or so then put some home made BBQ sauce and smoke them till they are done.
    MMMMM-MMMMM GOOD :wink:

7. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Dang fellows, it is 4:30 in the morning and I am now hungry for chicken wings.
    Good ideas and thanks for them. Chicken wings around here are higher than the dickens when you can find them for some reason. Most of our stores don't carry them.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds good,I have never attempted hot wings before,Heck,I think I've only eaten em once,I guess I need to get out more :smile2:

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Just in case anyone gets the bright idea of using turkey wings instead of chicken wings....Don't Bother! The drummie part of the wing is as big as a chicken leg, and not nearly as tender.
    But what about chicken legs instead of wings? I can buy 10# bags of leg/thigh quarters for $.59/lb.; $.49/lb. if there's a really good sale. I separate the legs & thighs, debone the thighs for other recipes, use a cajun injector to inject a bunch of Louisiana hot sauce into each leg, slather it all over the outside, then roll it in my flour before I deep fry it. Not quite the same, but close; and it sure beats paying over a dollar a pound for wings.

10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Never thought about using legs, I take the chicken breasts and slice them up in about 1/4 inch strips and do them the same way I do the wings. I just dont care for the white meat on a chicken.

11. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Gotta love those wings (and whole birds) on the smoker but am sure all of the recipes on here will be great too!!! I know I am sure gonna try some of the posted ones...

Attached Files:

12. Louisiana Redneck

Louisiana Redneck New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good morning all,

I also smoke mine on a grill (Big Green Egg). They are delicious and crispy without frying.

13. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Jerry, that method is how Popeye's makes their spicy chicken.

:004:

p.s. All of my wings get cooked on the grill.