Chicken pox

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DELLIS, May 15, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Does anybody know how chicken pox got their name :0a30:

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I don't, but when I was a little girl, I almost died when I had chicken pox. My family gave me childrens aspirin to bring down my fever, and I got Reyes Syndrome on top of the chicken pox! Good luck to you all if that cutie in the picture with you is going through it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenpox

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey

Chicken pox got it's name from the red blisters that show up on the skin. There is no relation to chicken's with the illness.

4. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    You aien't kidden wolfman. Four years ago my nephew came running across the floor to me when i walked in my bros house. I jerked him up and he gave me a big hug while my bro was talking to me. My bro says "oh by the way hes got chicken pox"! :oops:

After a couple days i thought whew i got lucky. The next mornin i felt tired and hot like i had fever.:tire: Boy was i in for a ride. The next 7 or so days was a scratch and itch marathon.:beated: It sure was something i hope thats past me now....

5. T-man

T-man New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got them on vacation one year. My family and i and some friends of ours got up real early one morning and left for Branson Missouri. I slept most of the way in the back seat of our van, when we got there i was getting cleaned up and my body was covered. We had to call my doctor and he had to fax a perscription to the local walmart. I couldnt get in the pool, or be in the sun, it was horrible. We went to shows and i couldnt sit still. It was a bad time to get them let me tell ya.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I got them when I was 24(33 now) and that was the most miserable week of my life,well almost the most miserable:back surgery was pretty rough too.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    When chicken pox comes back on you later as shingles, it's even worse than the original disease. I've had it twice, running from the top of my head down the left side of my face. The affected area was so sensitive I couldn't stand to even touch my hair!