Chicken Noodle Soup

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Boomer, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Had some canned Chicken Noodle Soup tonight and wished I was home and making some good soup. Here is how I make it.

1 whole chicken
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 stalk celery
    1 small onion
    salt
    pepper
    eggs
    flour

Add 4 quarts water to large pot, add chicken whole. Take 2 cups flour and add eggs until the flour is doughy. On cutting board, roll flour into a 1/8 inch thickness, and put strips of dough. (these can be made as big as you like, but beware the will double in size). (if you want dumplings, just roll the dough to about quarter size).

After chicken has cooked, debone, and add chicken, 1/2 cup chopped celery and onion, salt an pepper to taste. Add mushroom and chicken soup (do not add anymore water). Let this cook for about 20 minutes longer, and add noodles. The noodles need to be check for doneness, depending on the size to the noodle, same if you are making dumplings.

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Dang it, Boomer...I don't even like CNS, or dumplings for that matter, but yer makin' me drool!

3. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya, the celery is whats makes it good , i even dice up a couple carrots and alot of garlic. :big_smile::cool2:

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Sounds great to me. Got to have homemade noodles in it. UUMM GOOD!!

5. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    My man, now your talking. That is a good recipe. But i am going to share the be all recipe that you will ever need. Here it is.
    1 4lbs chicken
    4 quarts water
    3 onions
    1 stalk celery 4 stalks rough chopped
    1 bag of whole carrots 3 carrots rough chopped
    handfull of parsley leafs
    couple of thyme sprigs
    3 bay leafs
    10 crushed black peppercorns
    1 box fetticini
    cut the chicken up, ya know breast, thighs wings, drum sticks neck and back. quarter the onions leave the skins on. Get a BIG pot place the chicken and onions in and brown all on medium heat, but do not burn. Add water, rough chopped celery, and carrots. Give the pot a good stir. Bring to a boil. Add the rest of the ingredients. Reduce to a simmer and partially cover. Simmer for 3 hours. Strain everything. remove the chicken and pick the meat off. Place the liquid in a large bowl, and refrigerate. when all the fat has risen to the top remove and place in a seperate bowl. You now have your very own homemade chicken stock. Now take a couple of carrots, and a couple of stocks of celery and thin slice them. Now place them in a large pot with a little salt and sweat them. Then add as much broth as you like with the chicken and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook to the doneness you like. You will never have any other soup after this. You can add salt while making the stock if it is not salty enough for you, or you can add some of the fat to the soup while you are making it for more flavor.

6. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    by the way, freeze the rest of the stock that you do not use in individual bags. So you can have stock whenever you like. It will keep for about 6 months in the freezer.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I never tried it with home made noodles or dumplings. I gotta try it with dumplings.Thanks.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ill make it with turkey alot. For some reason I can get turkey legs and wings cheaper than chicken most of the time. I add sage to the pot, makes it more like thanksgiving. :cool2:

9. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    man, you know how to make chicken soup :big_smile: :cool2: