chicken liver

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by fishingva93, Dec 30, 2008.

1. fishingva93

fishingva93 New Member

State:
    virginia
    what do you guys use to keep your chicken livers on your hooks

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I myself dont use much liver but i have a few friends that either wrap it up in pantyhose or hairnets then put it on the hook! It seems to work very well for them!

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I don't use anything. Just got a technique of casting out in a lobbing arch. After a bit of practice, I rarely loose any bait.

4. bcheney

bcheney New Member

State:
    mississippi
    I spent a lot of time using liver this summer. I tried the panty hose which works very well but is time consuming. I've tried just neatly placing it on the hook, but when those livers get warm, they seem to sling right off. Additionally, I use circle hooks which seem to mash up the livers just putting them on. Now I will hook the liver on a couple of times and take a 12 inch piece of thread and wrap it around the liver. That little bit of string seems to be all it needs to keep it on when the weather gets warm.

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    What I've learned too. easy arc
    :0a22:

6. RobbHeb

RobbHeb New Member

State:
    Louisiana
  7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
  8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

I have done much the same,Jeff. I don't use liver as much as I used to,But when I do ,I also use my spinning gear ,It makes it much easier to cast gently ,At least for me.

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    IMO, venison liver does eveything that chicken liver does, and it stays on the hook. Tough as a boot, it is...hundred yard casts are very doable.