Chicken liver wrapped in panty hose

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by creek_fisher88, Aug 25, 2006.

1. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey guys i was wondering if any of you have tried fishing with chicken liver wrapped in panty hose. I heard it worked pretty well. I haven tried it yet i wanted to hear some of your guys experinces first

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i've never done it. i've heard that if the fish swallows the pantyhose it could plug them up.i cpr most of my fish, but if you eat all of yours i guess it would'nt be a problem

3. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I used chicken livers in pantyhose my last time out and I caught channels of no great size. Thing is I'll have leaders with the bait already made next time out, because once you begin to lose your liver from the pantyhose, it's a pain in the neck getting that pantyhose off. It does work, though. Good luck.

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I have never tried pantyhose but I've had good luck taking about 12" of sewing thread and wrapping the sewing thread around the liver several times while the liver is on the hook.

Others have posted that you can use cheese cloth as a substitute to pantyhose. I think cheese cloth is better for the water if it happens to come off.

Others cure their chicken livers with garlic salt and setting them in the sun for a few hours on a cookie sheet, toughens them up pretty good.

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have tryed it but don`t care to use I rather use thead tie it on just as fast as hose TIP use red thread looks like blood:0a23:

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Have used that method but really dont like it to well, I actually started using sewing string to keep the liver on the hook. works really well and I spend more time fishing and less time explaining to my girlfriend as to why her panty hose are coming up missing.lol

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Use elastic thread for the liver, it works like a charm.

8. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Some have had good success using pantyhose. But, I never have. Seems I never got a strike when using them. But, could take it off and just put the liver on the hook and then start getting strikes. Go figure!!

9. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    The only experience I can pass on to you about that is...YOUR WIFE IS NOT GONNA BE HAPPY WHEN SHE GOES LOOKIN' FOR THEM!:crazy: :big_smile: ...LOL

10. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I have been using pantyhose for 20 some years for fresh livers.

The best way I have found to use it is:
    Lay your hose down, set your treble hook on top and slide the liver over your treble.
    Pull the pantyhose up tight around your hook and liver and use a bread tie to tie it on your hook.
    I always make sure the barbs are sticking through the hose, instead of underneath the hose.

This way, you can use fresh liver and be able to cast it a long way without the liver flying off, and also works good in heavy current.

Ken

11. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    From the title I thought you were talking about my 1st wife's thighs in pantyhose. Sorry grizzly

12. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    yes I have and it works BUT trying to get the panty hose off of the hook is like pulling teeth!!!!!

13. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio

i have never used it but i agree with coltsfan i don't think that its good for the fish if you don't catch him and it swallows the hose

14. FWFeecherman

FWFeecherman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have never used pantyhose, but I have used spawn netting that one uses for salmon & steelhead fishing. You can get it at Gander mountian and places like that. I buy the 4" squares. Works pretty well for me. Some advice though, take a small pair of scissors with you. When you need to put fresh bait on sometimes that netting can be tough to get off. Tight Lines and Screamin Clickers to ya!

15. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    I have used panty hose but it is extremely difficult to take it of your hook it is easiest to cut it off when you are done with it. I rather use thread and tie it like a ribbon on a present this works purty good.