Chicken liver question

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by 13-year-old-angler, Oct 10, 2007.

1. 13-year-old-angler

13-year-old-angler New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    alright i hear that if ya wanna keep them on the hook to soak them in salt water. im fine with the idea. but will this like take the flavor out? and does it work?:embarassed:

2. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    never used salt water but it seems it would take out the falvor what i do is take some liver put on a treble hook use thread to tie o n or i use thes tube lke things the like a bag with a ton of little holes in them witha treble hook with a cotton ball sponge and a foot of 30 poung leader i put the liver in those things hope this helps oh btw i bought those tubes in wally world

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Ive used pantyhose to hold the liver on the hook.

4. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Try using rooster liver or turkey liver. it is a little tougher than chicken liver. When you cast liver do not sling it as hard kinda loft it out there. Try to keep it cool on ice and use the freshest you can find. The above post are also good ways, I never heard about salt water though.

5. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    Not sure about the salt water but I do know that if you put the livers on a rack and spread garlic salt on them and let them dry in the sun they will turn leather like and work like a charm. I picked that tip up on here and will never go back!!

6. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Asolutely agree! I just wanted to add that I got one of those little insulated lunch bags to keep my tub of livers in, it works great for keeping them cold. Never freeze your livers, and use treble hooks.

7. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i use beef or chicken livers the best way i would recomend you to keep them on the hook is to put a big piece on the hook and get about a 1 ft piece of sewing thread wand just wrap the thread around it numerous times works good for me