Chicken Liver in Pantyhose and Circle Hooks?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by kitsinni, Jun 22, 2007.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I am using chicken liver in pantyhose with a circle hook, do I want the end of the hook in the panthose or out of it exposed?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hook point exposure is what does the job with any bait. Leave the point exposed.

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    If you are tired of the sales lady looking at you strangely when you buy your panty hose go to the sewing section at wal mart and buy some tule.
    Its a netting, yeah some folks call it lace,but its cheap and works great for liver pouches.

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    you can also try some cheese cloth. i find that it works better for livers since it holds it in place well and the kitties dont seem near as prone to drop it. i have gotten away from using panty hose because it seemed like the cats were picking them up and sucking all of the jiuce out of them and droppng them. i havent had this problem with cheese cloth.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I just bought 6 yards of 60 in.Nylon Tulle at Wall Mart for $4.62.that comes to $.051333 a square foot.If you caint remember the name,just ask for the stuff that they make the veils for brides or for womens hats.Most cloth shops carry it.Those of you with a ex who left her "or his now days" wedding veil might be able to still salvage something out of the marriage.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

6. Tinybaum

Tinybaum New Member

State:
    Maryland

I am with you. I used panty hose for the first time a few weeks ago. I was getting several bites but nothing that just took the bait. I was thinking the cats were picking it up and feeling the panty hose and dropping it.

I will get it another try but so far no luck fishing in panty hose. . . .I mean fishing with lol

Tiny

7. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    In the past I have caught many channels using cheese cloth,doiles,& old prom dress material baited with Strike King Catfish Dynamite. Always worked for me.:feel_good:

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Who's old prom dress? LOL!

9. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :lol: My older sisters:0a33:, But don't tell her:roll_eyes: She might come after me and my fishing gear:lol:.

10. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Saw something yesterday that looked good for that type of fishing. Look at those net type bath sponges. I was in the store and saw a disply of these and one was coming apart. This product is made from a material that circular (can't describe it better) similar to hose. Looked like it might work. Plan on using cured liver for better results myself, but may give this a try sometimes if if drift or troll.

11. James Bentley

James Bentley Member

State:
    N.C.
    Run chicken livers in blender then cut sponge in to 1 inch blocks,soak sponge in livers,stays on hook really good.

12. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    never tried it can someone post a pic of this on a hook

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    How big a piece of liver do you guys use when your doing this? usually I use half on a treble with out any thing else on it.

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use treble hooks for chicken livers.

15. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I use about 2" x 2" chunk wraped in tulle netting with the hook point exposed.

16. puck55

puck55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    many trial and error with the pantyhose method i've found that most of the time pantyhose cats will just suck all the bait though i've found that tole or cheesecloth work better and the kitties seem to hold on to them longer for the hook to set