Chicken liver eating snake

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by gargoil77, Feb 4, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    A co-worker told me that he once caught a water snake while fishing for catfish. He said that he was on the bottom and using chicken livers. Has anyone ever caught a snake using chicken livers?

2. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I've never caught one on a rod & reel, but I make a habit out of catching them by hand every chance I get!

His story is not impossible, but I have my doubts. :)

Eric

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    my dad once snagged a rattlesnake will bass fish. the strang thing about this snake was you could see it a 1/4 mile away. it was like it was up on top of the water or dry land. you could see the whole snake not just the head. we gave it to a man that eats them and he said if we were looking that a rattlesnake will hold its rattlers out of the water, i didnt look that close. i tell you im scared to death of the dang things. talk about ready to run across some water....lol

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Although I have caught several rattle snakes I have never seen one in the water so, I don't know how they swim, but I can tell you that they do hold their rattles up while crawling.

Eric

5. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    you might call me simple minded but a dead snake is a good snake.....

6. Thomas P. Conley

Thomas P. Conley New Member

State:
    Copperas Cove,TX.
    Once while Ba$$ fishing in a local small river I had a Cottonmouth Snake try to attack a red craw fish imitation lure. This snake followed the lure almost all the way to me. To say the least I sure got out of the water quickly. And IMO a dead snake is a good snake.

7. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    never on chicken liver but have caught them on soft plastics while bass fishing. Watched a couple snakes come up to waters edge and eat discarded shad pieces. Kind of neat to watch.

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    never caught them on livers but i did catch one on just a hook and man was he pissed, right Steve. :p :p

9. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Never caught any snakes on chicken livers, but I have caught a bunch of turtles. One was a soft shell that weighed about 30 lbs.

10. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    those soft shell turtles love them chicken livers, on the Stillwater you can catch soft shells 5 to 1 fishing for channel cats

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    uh, yeah....me too!

12. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX

And I want to see it in several pieces before I declare it a "Good Snake":frk-big:
    Frank

13. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    My buddy spotted a rattlesnake swimming across the lake, and it tried to get into the boat. He chopped it in half before it could get aboard.

14. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    He sounds like a very good friend! I hate snakes!!!