Chicken gizzards

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by wayne1967, Sep 7, 2007.

1. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Though some of you might want to try this. Talked to a friend of mine that I work with that runs nets and trotlines that does really, really well. He said he always baits with chicken gizzards soaked overnight in anise oil and red food coloring. He even caught a 54lb flathead with it. They usually go for live bait. Shouldn't have a problem keeping it on the hook either.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats an idea. I've never had any luck with them plain or soaked with garlic powder. May try that. I have some anise oil.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I use them when I cant keep the gills from thieving my bait.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Livers and gizzards are people food. I don't mind sharing my bar "s" hot dogs, but enough is enough.

5. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hear you. I like them to.

6. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    never had much luck with them gizzards but have cought a few, will try new cooking the new dish for the fish

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    iv never used them for bait but iv ate more then my sare of them

8. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well I tried them out on some trotlines over the weekend. I set 3 out baited with the gizzards and some hot link hotdogs that had went bad. Netted and netted for shad but could not find any. Only thing I caught was 2 blues. One maybe 5 lbs and the other I could have put in my fish tank. Almost all of the baits were still on also.