Chicken Gizzards??

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by preshrd3cpy, Jul 27, 2009.

1. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Ok been to several diff stores and havent found any chicken liver. Has anyone used gizzards . Just trying to mix up the bait for tonight we are going to catch some bait fish and nightcrawler we were going to use liver but cant find any :angry: . So any help on this?

2. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    ive never used gizzards!! !i have the most faith in cut baits and live gills i hardly use any livers !! i tell you what though , one that i will try is the chicken breast in kool aid!! i know that works!! i never take more than 3 or 4 baits- which are usually gizzard shad, skipjack, live gills, and maybe some stink bait (secret 7 or the berkley at wallyworld) !! :big_smile:

3. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    David, Red Food on Keith St. always has some and also Cooks Food on Keith St. has them and Walmart also has them. These are all in Cleveland and maybe out of your way from Charleston. You could stop in the next time you're down this way. Are you getting your shad with a net or are you buying them. I called Hamiltons bait shop on hwy 58 to check on minows, but all they have is shinners (3-4in) at $4.50 per doz. I don't have a castnet yet and have no choice but to buy.:sad2:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  4. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    I have used chicken gizzards before soaked in kool aid. Caught a few small channels on it but nothing to brag about.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, since I've never seen gizzards, livers, etc, swimming by me in the river, I always use fresh cut or live bait such as shad, gills, perch, herring, eels, etc. I know other baits work from time to time, but I'll stick with the natural water sourced baits.

Bill in SC

6. tangell88

tangell88 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    have caught a few on gizzards. they stay on the hook better than livers but i would still go for cut bait

7. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    shouldnt be to hard to find livers every grocey store and wal mart that sells food carries them, usally always with the chicken products.

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Gizzards suck . Liver is better .

9. lwsmith9865

lwsmith9865 New Member

State:
    Cookeville,TN
    I never caught anything on gizzards. I use liver alot and like it. I would like to know if there is a lake or river close to cookeville where I can get some muscles (clams) We caught alot of nice cats on the mississippi with them on Trot lines