Chicken-fried hamburger steak

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i like chicken-fried steak, but the meat is generally not tender enough for me. i am going to try make a hambuger steak and bread it. has anyone else done this? anyone have any breading hints or recipes for me?

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Yep, Arlington uses the same recipe as I do. Can season the flour any which way you like too. Salt, pepper and a little garlic salt. Yummy

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ma and I treated ourselves to a dining out. We ate at a place called Ruby Tuesday and I had a bison burger. Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm... that was one lip smackin, scrump-diddly-umptious, slathered in bbq sauce, burger. With the sides, it was almost more than I could eat. We're going to save up our relief checks and go again someday...:lol:

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

Buffalo is tasty!!! .. There is a little shop in Utah that sell Buffalo Jerky... MMM MMM MMM.. that is some good stuff....

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Phil, 2 things

TENDERIZE YOUR MEAT!!!!
    Pound it out nice and thin and then soak it in buttermilk for 30-45 mins.
    THEN prepare it as you normally would.

Or, you can use just plain old ground beef, in a semi-frozen patty, batter it, then fry it.

6. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Fry it really really slow and low after tenderizing it. It'll be a lot easier to eat in a sammich.

7. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Phil try using cube steak it is usualy tender chicken fried

8. JustCats

JustCats Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, as you can see from my photo, I am bound to know something about cooking. I buy a ground sirloin patty. I put some flour in a bowl and season it up with salt and pepper to taste. Coat your sirloin patty in the flour and brown it on both sides. I then put some Worchestershire and water in a cast iron skillet. I sometimes add some other igredients such as garlic powder, Country Bobs or any seasoning you like. Just put enough liquid to come about three fourth's way up on the patties. Mix these ingredients well and put your patties in. Cook in the oven on 300-350 until most of the liquid is cooked out, typically 30 minutes to 1 hr. Just serve up with your favorite sides and enjoy.

Tony

9. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    It sounds to me that Mr.Washburn is at that age where he's gonna have to give up a few things he used to enjoy.Chicken-fried steak for starter's.:big_smile: